Chapter 2

“Ok. You sure?” I asked and looked at Charlotte. She was wearing shorts and a wide t-shirt. I knew she felt really warm, but I was wearing long leggings and a Blink-182 t-shirt.

“Yeah. You know you need this --------.” She said and opened the door, ready to go.

-

I was at the back of KOKO. It was completely full. I felt spaceless. I needed air. I was getting really nervous. How would they look? I hadn’t seen them in a whole year and 5 months. It felt like eternity. Lights turned off, and girls started shouting. I grabbed Charlotte’s hand and squeezed it, looking for reassurance. She took some seconds and squeezed it back. I saw a pink-dyed boy jump on stage. Michael? Ashton jumped on to his drums; he looked exactly the same, well, a little bit more mature. Calum came afterwards and waved to all the fans filling the space. He looked like a man now. He had become stronger; maybe he had gone to the gym. The moment I was waiting for arrived. A tall, blond boy, with blue eyes jumped on stage. My heart hurt, my lungs were squeezed by my ribcage, and I found difficulties to breathe. He was damn hot. He was hotter than ever. He had cut his hair, and he looked good. Did he have a lip piercing? He had also been going to the gym, or maybe strumming his guitar way too hard. Music filled the room, as I tried to look for my breath, which was lost in the little space I had around.

-

I had relaxed, trying to focus on their songs’ lyrics. They had done a great job so far. I didn’t think they had too much to improve when I left them in Sydney, but they had improved a lot.

“This next song is for you guys. Yeah, so cause I’m by myself I’m gonna need a your help on it. It’s called wherever you are.” Luke said while the rest of the boys left the stage and he grabbed an acoustic guitar. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Iaj222WsY )

For a while we pretended
That we never had to end it
But we knew we had to say goodbye
You were crying at the airport
When they finally closed the plane door
I could barely hold it all inside

Torn in two 
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever You are

I could fly a thousand oceans
But there's nothing that compares to
What we had so I walk alone

I wish I didn't have to be gone
Maybe you've already moved on
But the truth is I don't want to know

Torn in two 
and I know I shouldn't tell you 
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are 
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

You can say we'll be together
Someday
Nothing lasts forever
Nothing stays the same
So why can't I stop feeling this way

Torn in two 
and I know I shouldn't tell you 
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are 
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are

The concert was over with that. Calum had told me to meet them backstage after the concert, so I walked in that direction, but Charlotte grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

“You don’t have anything to say?” She asked.

“What?” I asked back.

“About the song. It was written for you, or maybe he’s moved one. One of both.” Charlotte said.

“I bet he has moved on. I mean, he was the one cheating on me.” I spat back. I didn’t want to think about Luke in that way. Never again.

“I didn’t mean to annoy you.” Charlotte said and I shook my head, it was ok. It made me mad that he had moved on, and I was still doubting if I felt something for him. I felt sick. I was tired of this shit.