Chapter 7

“Calum! Stop! I shouted as he ran after me upstairs. I had been all summer without seeing them, and the next day it was my first day of classes. I couldn’t wait. Everything felt so perfect. I had been working during the whole summer, and even more than the time I was expected to, just in case I had to make up for lost hours if I ever needed to study. Mrs. Hazelcoff was a great woman, and she was very understanding. I had met a boy, his name was Ash, although I always called him Sty because of his surname. He was quiet, and he played his guitar and sang every night in the bar. We were good friends, and I always had him near. Charlotte was always there, and I couldn’t thank her enough because she had helped me with everything. I hadn’t talked with my mom since I moved out, which was amazing and expected.

“This is huge!” I heard Ashton say from downstairs. Calum was still following me close, so I ran until I got in my bedroom and locked myself in.

“You’ve let Mike and Luke with an unlocked fridge downstairs…” Calum said from the other side of the door.

“Fuck!” I opened the door and Calum tackled me back to my bed. “Fuck you Calum!” I said as he started tickling me. I started crying of laughter, as I tried to stop him.

“Hey you!” Cassidy said coming in. Calum stopped for a second and looked at her.

“Fuck!” He said and tried to run away from her.

“You know that I’m better than you at tickle-fights!” She said as she ran to Calum and started tickling him until this time he was the one against the mattress and she was tickling him sitting on him. “RUN ----------! RUN!!!” She shouted and I did. I loved that couple. They were both so outgoing. You could hear Calum laughing all around the house. I ran downstairs to protect my food. When I got downstairs I saw Michael putting a pizza in the oven and Luke eating Cheerio’s.

“You guys stop eating my food!” I said and grabbed a bowl of cheerio’s myself. I could still hear Calum laughing, but suddenly laughter stopped.

“They are gonna use your room.” Michael said winking his eye.

“Uh… Well… I’ll change the blankets afterwards.” I laughed.

“So you work in the bar next door?” Ash asked sitting next to me.

“Yeah! It’s really cool.” I said and heard the doorbell. I went to open it. “Charlotte! Dylan!”

“Hey -------! Wow! Your house is amazing!” Dylan said hugging me and walking around.

“Hi!” Charlotte said. “Hello guys!” She waved the three boys sitting in the kitchen.

“So what are we gonna do?” Cassidy asked as Calum and her came downstairs hand in hand.

“I don’t know, what do you feel like doing?” I asked shrugging.

“Film?” Ashton asked.

“Yeah! Lets watch Alvin and the Chipmunks!” Calum said jumping around.

“Yeah! Lets do that!” Mike said taking out the pizza from the oven.

-

*(play the song on the right if you want to)*

Luke and I were alone again.

“Do you have your things ready for tomorrow?” He asked as we walked in my room.

“I have the books there, but I don’t know if I have everything.” I said and shrugged my shoulders. I saw the same paper I had hidden from him so many times. The only thing that still made me feel insecure and afraid sometimes. I saw him walk, ready to take it. I took it from him and got it in a book that I’d take next day to school.