Chapter 20

I sat on the sofa. Why had I gotten up so early? I really didn’t understand how my sleep went. I could sleep for hours or sleep just 6 hours. Today it was one of the 6-hours-sleep days. It was 8am. I had only gotten up so early for university. My phone started ringing. Who could that possibly be? Like, seriously, who would ring me at 8am?

“Hello?” I asked through the phone.

“Eh… Hi, -----------?” It was Freddie. I hadn’t phoned him since I left. I had forgotten completely about him, and now, I felt awfully guilty.

“Oh, hi Freddie. How are you doing up there?” I asked trying to sound calm.

“Well, not good actually.” He sighed. “I just miss you, -----------. And I just hate not knowing how you are doing with Luke.” I bit my lip. Both because I felt guilty and because an image of Luke crossed my mind.

“Well, Luke invited me to go on a 7-days-date-marathon-challenge. So basically he’s going to be taking me out on dates every day of this week.” I felt my chest sink while explaining that to him.

“Oh, and… is it working?” I could hear his voice cracking. And again, my chest sank, but to that my heart added a little more hurt.

“I don’t know…” I whispered through the phone.

“Oh… Okay. Well, ---------, have a great time. I love you.” He said.

“Bye, Freddie.” I hang up. I didn’t want to make it any longer. I felt guilty enough with that. My phone started ringing again. Was today the day of early ringing or what?

“Hello?” I asked  again.

“Hey! -----------! Are you free this morning and tomorrow’s morning?” It was Derek.

“Hi Derek! Sure. Is there work to do?” I asked feeling all excited.

“Yes, well, it’s a work offer. It’s writing again. With two different American bands. Do you accept?”

“I don’t really care who they are Derek, you know that.” I laughed. “Sure, when and where?”

-

-

-

I was again in front of Luke’s house. 

“So what do you have for today Hemmings?” I asked while he opened the door. We stepped in and he walked me to the kitchen.

“Tonight it’s weird-&-disgusting-food-mixtures night!” He said really excited. I looked around to every single fruit, every single vegetable and every single pack of different ingredients.

“Okay, so what do we have to do?” I asked.

“First we have to do the most disgusting mixture we can in 2 minutes, and then I’ll put around your eyes a blindfold, and you’ll try my mixture. Afterwards you’ll put me the blindfold and I’ll try yours. Is that alright?” Luke asked. I was already thinking what to mix so I nodded. “But later we’ll have to cook something that is eatable together. If not there’s no dinner, unless you wanna eat the disgusting mixture.”

“Well, you don’t know how to cook, so this is gonna be an easy game for you!” I joked.

“Disgusting mixtures are my thing, I don’t even have to try hard.” He laughed.

“Okay, I’m ready.” I said and Luke handed me a small bowl and he grabbed his own.

“Ready?” He asked and I nodded again. “3… 2… 1… go!” I started with a full spoon of cinnamon, chocolate (dark chocolate, Luke never liked it, I’m a bad person hahaha), I put some lemon, and pepper. What about tomato paste? Sure. I kept it up for the whole 2 minutes, mixing almost everything. When the time was over I looked over at Luke. Okay, his mixture was green. That couldn’t taste good.

“Time is up!” He yelled and smiled. “I’m scared.” He said looking down at my mixture.

“You should be.” I joked.

“Okay, turn around.” He said and he put the blindfold over my eyes.

Luke’s POV

“Okay, turn around.” I said and ---------- turned around while I put the blindfold over her eyes. I turned her around slowly and looked down to her lips. They were so… kissable at the moment. I didn’t know why, but I only thought that way when it came to ----------. I didn’t care how hot any other girl could possibly be, she’d never be half as good as ----------. There was something about her that made her unique, and I didn’t really know what was it. “Do you see anything?” I asked moving my hand in front of her eyes.

“Not a thing.” She answered.

“Are you sure?” I asked again.

“Yes, sure.” She answered. I couldn’t help it anymore. I pressed a soft kiss on her lips. “That didn’t taste that bad.” She joked.

“Okay, now the mixture ----------.” I said taking a clean spoon and taking a bit of nutella with it. “Open your mouth, the airplane is coming!” I joked and slowly introduced the spoon in her mouth. I saw her smile grow as she tasted the chocolate in her mouth. “So? How is it?”

“If I didn’t know you well I’d say it was nutella.” She teased while I took the blindfold.

“Fuck, I even fail with the bad mixtures thing.” I joked and smiled back at her. “My turn.” I said putting the blindfold on.

-----------‘s POV

I knew perfectly well Luke had changed the mixture but I wasn’t gonna do that. It’d be a laugh to see his face when he tries the mixture. Oh… and the kiss… I had felt the elephants in my stomach running up and down. How did he make me feel that way? I’d just want to know how he did that. I stared at him sitting on a chair with the blindfold. I wish I could kiss him. I actually could. Why didn’t I just kiss the hell out of him? I sat on his knees facing him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started getting closer and closer. I reached the point where I could feel his fast breaths hitting my lips. I pressed my lips to his and his hands moved to the lower part of my back, trying to pull me closer. His lips were already synchronizing with mine and my hands fingered his hair. I couldn’t pull away. I just couldn’t. It felt like we were magnets. We both had a positive and a negative charge, and although most times we had different charges and felt attracted, there were others that we would have the same one, and repel each other. Luckily that didn’t happen a lot. Without knowing the kiss was heating up, until I finally pulled away gasping for air.

“It tasted like nutella, good mixture --------.” Luke said bitting his lip. I laughed and smiled.

“Ready for the mixture now?” I said taking a spoon of my brownish mixture. “I’m going!” He opened his mouth and I introduced the mixture in his mouth. His smile turned into a half-opened mouth. He didn’t close it. “C’mon swallow it!” I ordered. He looked terrified. He took of the blindfold and ran to the sink, spitting everything and washing his mouth. “You’re such a girl.” I laughed.

“What the hell did you put in that?” He asked and laughed with me. “It had dark chocolate in it! Didn’t it?”

“You know me so well, Lucas.” I giggled.

“You’re so mean!” Luke pouted.

“Yeah, whatever, but who knows how to prepare cookies and brownies here?” I asked and looked back at him.

“Touché.”

………………………………………………….………………………………………………….…………………………………

hope you liked the chapter :-) i decided that i'll be updating every monday, is that okay?

vote and comment please? xx <3 ilysm