Chapter 24

I grabbed my phone. I missed Charlotte so damn much. I hadn’t talked much with her. What time would it be back in the UK? It was early here, so, maybe I could call. I dialled her number and waited.

“Hey Charlotte!” I smiled through the phone.

“------------! How are you doing?”

“Fine, but I’m missing you dickhead.” I joked sitting on the couch.

“I miss you too.” She answered.

“I wanted to ask you something.” I said playing with the phone.

“Shoot.”

“Would it be wrong if I started liking Luke again?” I bit my lip. Why was I always so messed up? My mind didn’t understand, but my heart was pushing and pushing.

“Oh my god!!! So you do like him!” She shouted.

“Well, kind of.” I answered.

“Okay, I was waiting so it would be a surprise but now I can’t wait!” She sounded so excited.

“Charlotte say what you have to say! God damn it!”

“Stymest, George and I are going to see you! We’ll be there by tomorrow! Your tomorrow! Oh my god! I couldn’t wait to tell you this! We are going to be there until the second of January! This is gonna be so cool!”

“Oh my god! How did you get the money?” Charlotte had told me before that she had always wanted to come to Australia.

“Mmh… Lets say we’re not going alone.”

-

-

-

I was still nervous. Who would they come with? Charlotte didn’t tell me. It’d be a surprise, but I was fucking nervous. I heard a knock on my door and I got up from the sofa to open. It had to be Luke. I was ready for our last date. I was pretty nervous. He was really original. And I loved it. I saw him standing there already with a huge smile on his face. What was he bringing with him? Was that a kite?

“Hey, are you ready for the beach?” Luke asked and I looked up and down to myself. Nope.

“If we’re going to the beach I have to put on my bikini. Wait” I said and run upstairs. I was nervous as hell.

-

“So what is the kite for?” I asked while we walked into the sand. I missed that feeling. I breathed the salty air in. Yes. That smelt like home.

“What the hell do you use a kite for?” Luke laughed.

“Okay, I got it Hemmings.” I said sticking my tongue out and taking the kite from his hands. I ran away, letting the kite get higher and higher in the air. I kept on running as fast as I could, letting my feet sink in the sand, and breathing in at every step I took. I looked up and the kite was high enough, so I stopped and looked back at Luke. He was smiling big and walking his way up to me. I felt my stomach sink for a moment. Why the hell couldn’t I get those elephants out of my body?

Luke’s POV

“Okay, I got it Hemmings.” ----------- said and sticked her tongue out. She looked so cute. Right in the moment she grabbed the kite from my hands and started running away, further and further, while the kite lifted up. I could hear her giggling, and… to tell you the truth… it sounded like heaven. I didn’t know what heaven, angels or whatever the fuck was there sounded like, but I just hoped they sounded like her laugh did. It was way too good. She was far too perfect for me. She loved music. She liked the same bands I did. She likes penguins, chocolate, pizza, food… She’s just like me, but in a more opened way. The way the air played with her hair as she ran. The way her little body moved swiftly and precisely. The way her clothes matched her body. The way I was attracted to her no matter what. That was the way I liked things. I couldn’t let go of everything. If I hadn’t been able to move on after two years, I knew I never would. If we found each other again, there had to be a reason.