Chapter 11

It was party time. I needed to get rid of everything. I couldn’t keep on thinking about Luke. I was going to a party with Freddie, and I was going to have a good time.

“Hel- You look stunning!” Freddie came up and hugged.

“Thank you. You look good too!” I said and used that moment to check him out quickly. Why had he had to be so tall! He was towering over me! Not as much as Luke though… Stop. Thinking. About. Luke.

“Thank you. You ready?” He said opening a black car’s door. I nodded and jumped in.

-

What time was it? It was just 6 and there were kids already drunk. They had to be one year younger than me though. So they weren’t really kids. Was there food?

“Wait, c’mon over.” Freddie said and grabbed my hand. “I smell pizza.” I laughed and followed him as close as I could. There it was! There were like 20 pizza boxes. I was drooling. “I have an idea.”

“What?” I asked as I waited for him to explain. He grabbed the pizza box, and left me alone for ten seconds. He came back with drinks and I smiled.

“Lets go upstairs.” He smiled and I followed him. Did he know the house? I wouldn’t have known how to move through there. It was too early, so there wasn’t any couple making out in any room yet. This party seemed more like an American one. We sat on a free bed and opened the pizza box.

“This is gonna be epic.” I smiled and grabbed one slice. Freddie smiled back to me and nodded.

-

My phone started ringing. I looked at it. I was worried. It was Calum. I wanted to know what happened.

“It’s just a second. Sorry.” I said getting up from bed. I pressed the green button and waited. “What’s wrong Cal?”

“I think you need to talk with Luke.” He said seriously. Wow… that was straightforward.

“Why should I?” I asked.

“Because you love him, ------------.” He simply answered. “Well, and because he loves you too, and he’s broken. You don’t know how much he’s hurting, -----------. You should see him before he gets wound up again and starts drinking like hell again.” What? Drinking? Like he did when he cheated on me?

“I’m trying not to think about that right now.” I answered as fast as I could.

“Yeah, you can stop thinking, but not feeling.” Wow, Calum was getting philosophical.

“Ok… Whatever. When are you leaving back to Sydney?” I asked, not sure wether if I should go or not. Maybe tomorrow, but now I needed to focus on the good time I was having.

“Tomorrow, early in the morning.”

“What?!” Was I supposed to leave the party and go and see him?

“You’re at the party?” Calum asked.

“Yeah, I cannot leave now.” I stated seriously. I started fiddling my dress with my fingers. I was getting too nervous. I wanted to see Luke. But, really? Now?

“Oh. Well… So… do whatever you think is best.” He said and hung up. No goodbye. No anything. I bit my lip and looked at the wall for some seconds. Then I sat back on the bed.

“Are you ok?” Freddie asked quite concerned.

“Yeah, lets have a good time.”  I smiled and had a sip of my drink. With that I had made a decision.

-

“So, let me get this straight. You were walking down the street, and suddenly a Frisbee came out of nowhere and hit you in your balls?” I laughed although I bit my lip trying not to.