Chapter 16

Why was it so hot in Sydney? Duh… Thank god I had put some shorts and a tank top in my bag. I picked up my suitcase and walked to the closest bathroom I saw and changed as quickly as I could. Fresh again. I grabbed my phone and rang Cass.

“Hey ----------! Where are you?” She asked as I kept on walking.

“I’m about to go through the door.” I said already spotting it.

“I’m waiting for you there. See you in some seconds!!” She said and hung up. She seemed really excited. I was really excited too! I wanted to go out with Cass, Marie, Laura and Sally so much. I missed them all. Even if I hadn’t had a really close relationship with Marie, she was really nice. I crossed the door and found Cassidy standing there in her shorts, and a tank top. I almost dropped my suitcase running over to her. I finally dropped it when I was in front of her and hugged her as tight as I could.

“OH MY GOD WE’RE HERE!!” I shouted and felt eyes staring at me. I couldn’t care less.

YOU ARE HERE!” She said hugging me back.

“I couldn’t wait to see you again!” I said picking the suitcase up.

“I couldn’t wait either! Lets go and have a coffee. We have some catch up to do.” She said, helping me with suitcase. I nodded and we found a little coffee shop. We ordered something and sat down on a free table. I was curious about what she had to say. Maybe it had to do with Calum. What if they had broken up? No, that couldn’t have happened. Could it? Ugh… I just hated not knowing.

“So, are you tired? They flight took long.” She said and took a first sip of her coffee.

“Yeah. I’ve slept almost the whole way, but it’s just that having to take a flight is just tiring. And I was curious about what you wanted to tell me, so I didn’t sleep very well.”

“Oh… yeah… well…” She put her coffee down and looked for a way to explain it. “Ok, so the day we came back from London, the last one. Well, after we arrived Calum and I went for a walk around.” Was it about Calum? No! No! They had to be together. They were meant to be together. “And Calum was buying some ice creams, but I kept on walking a little further and saw a couple sitting on a bench.” She bit her lip and looked up at me.

“Hey, it’s ok. Don’t worry.” I said trying to comfort her. She was having a bad time, and I didn’t really understand why.

“Ok.” She took a deep breath and continued. “It was Luke. The girl was about to cry. He was just holding her hand and kissing her temple.” She explained as fast as she could. That was difficult for her. I knew. But those words were difficult for me to hear. Luke with another girl? Was that why when he left he hadn’t said ‘I love you’? Maybe it was. Maybe he didn’t love me.

“Oh… I see…” I said as I felt my eyes filling up with tears.

“-----------, I didn’t tell Calum about it. I haven’t told anyone. I just thought you needed to know.” She said as I swallowed all my tears. I was done with Luke.

“I think every time I do something related to Luke it ends up wrong.” I whispered trying to smile.

“I really don’t think this is over, -------------. I mean, you and Luke. He loves you. I know he does. He talks about you a lot. And when he does his eyes shine. The way he feels about you has nothing to do with what happened that day. I think you should talk to him. Calmly. Just let him clarify. Because I didn’t see the girl. It could have been Mali-Koa, or a friend. I really don’t know. Maybe she was going through a bad time and he was just helping.” She said trying to comfort me this time.