Chapter 12

What the hell was wrong with me? Why was I driving back to see Luke? Nothing made sense in my head. Nothing made sense anywhere. I just kept on avoiding those thoughts. If I was going to London maybe there was a reason. It was just an impulse. Maybe I had to be impulsive from time to time… No I didn’t. I was about to turn around when I saw the street where the apartment was. I’d driven too long to just turn around. I parked where I found a free spot. I was thankful that motorbikes were small. I looked at the building. Should I...? No… Well, yeah. I opened the door of the building and a short man came to me with a really serious face.

“Hey, who are you?” he asked seriously.

“I’m a friend of the boys staying above.” I said pointing to the ceiling. I didn’t need that right now, and although I could be rude as hell in my mind I didn’t want to get in a fight then.

“Well, no one is accepted to get in, sorry lady.” He said seriously.

“Are you kidding?” I asked, I didn’t understand why couldn’t I go upstairs.

“No, you’ll have to wait until tomorrow.” He stated.

“But… they’re leaving tomorrow.”

“Bad luck then.” With that he stayed quiet. What was I supposed to answer? I turned around and sighed, stepping out of the building. What should I do now? I sat there, resting my back on the door. Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow. But I was in the middle of London, there could be rapists anywhere. Or someone could try to hurt me. I decided to stay there though. Why was I risking so much? I didn’t know. Maybe I thought Luke was all worth it.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

“Hey, are you gonna stay the night?” The man said coming out. It was already 4AM, I had been waiting for 2 hours. I looked up at him and nodded.

“Well… c’mon… get in.” He said and helped me up.

“Thank you.” I smiled and ran upstairs. I looked at the door, and doubted again. I finally knocked. I waited. 1 second. 2 seconds. 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 15… 17…

“------------?” The door finally opened showing a sleepy Ashton looking at me.

“Hey, can I get in? I think I need to talk with Luke.” I asked and he nodded. I stepped inside. “What were you doing still awake?” I asked.

“I was talking to Laura.” He said, looking down. “I hung up like… 2 minutes ago.” I thought about time zones, now it should be around 17 hours later in Sydney.

“How is she?” I asked giving Ashton a smile. He looked at me for a second before looking back down. He took some seconds to answer.

“She’s met another guy.” His voice broke and I hugged him tight. Before I could realise Ashton was crying on my t-shirt and hugging me back.

“Ashton, everything is gonna be alright. You’ll meet other girls, and you’ll find someone even better than Laura for you.” I said patting his back.

“There’s no one like that. And he doesn’t even know about her depression or anything. He knows nothing about her, and he’s with her. It makes me sick… I’ve so much time by her side, helping her, and that dick has made her fall in love.” He cried even harder. “I hate him, ----------.”