Chapter 12

I'm walking in a large hallway. I must be in a hospital because it's white and all the people are either wearing lab coat thingys or they're crying. I walk over to a room that says '368' on it. I don't know if this is eaves dropping or not, but I looked into the window. I saw, what I'm guessing is, a mother and sister along with a few friends or something. I couldn't see what they looked like or who was in the hospital bed, but I could tell that it wasn't going to be a pretty sight.

I decided to see what was going on, so I knocked on the door. I hoped they would let me in. They didn't hear me, so I knocked again... and again.. and again. Forget this! I opened the door and walked in. They didn't notice me walk in either. Hmm... whatever!

I walked closer to the family and took a look at the faces... Oh my gosh... That's my family.

My mom... my sister... Eleanor... they were all there. I guess it's time to see who's on the hospital bed. This is gonna be even worse... The person on the hospital bed is.. me.

What's going on... I walk over to my mother and wave my hand in front of her face. She does nothing. I look into her eyes. Her eyes are bloodshot and there are tears streaming down her face. She tries to wipe them away, so people won't notice, but it doesn't help. The tears just keep falling. Nothing'll stop them.

"Mom!" I yell to her. "Mom can you hear me?!"

I feel tears start to fall down my cheeks as I look at my crying mother and my unconscious body on the hospital bed. I try to grab onto my mother's shoulder, but it goes right through. I do it again, but it still doesn't work.

"MOM! Mom... mom...." I fade out at the end. I look at my body and I seem so lifeless. It's like I can feel the pain in my body, but it's not really there. My shoulder starts to burn with pain, so I grasp it. It didn't help, but no one was able to help me. All of the sudden my ankle started to hurt. First it was light, but quickly the pain got heavier and brighter. I gasp. I look over to my sister... then to my mom... to Eleanor... and then to my body. I could see my heart rate go up on the monitor. I fell to the floor as I was in pain. I grasped my ankle and my shoulder. Other parts of my body started to hurt too, but those were the worst.

I tried to look over at my body again, but I can't see it. I can only see a blur of rushing doctors and my sobbing family. The pain was overwhelming. I could barely breathe. I was gasping for air, but I couldn't get any. I close my eyes for a moment as a tear threatens to fall. I can handle all this pain. I open my eyes to take another look at my family before they're gone, but I realize that I'm not on the hospital floor anymore. I'm on the hospital bed where I saw my body. I guess they can't tell I'm awake because they look at me and the tears fall even more.

The doctor looks over to my mom and starts to talk. "I'm sorry, but I don't think life support can hold on to her anymore."

My mom is speechless. The doctor places his hand on her hand, rubs the top of her hand, and pats it gently before leaving. My mom speaks at the last moment. It was almost a whisper. "Wait... keep her on it longer... please."

The doctor nods and then leaves. The whole room is silent except for the sobbing sounds and my gasps for air. My family turns around to leave. My mom reaches down kisses my forehead and pushes a piece of hair behind my ear. I felt it. Her touch. It almost made me feel at home, but I know I'm not... They all leave except for Eleanor. She basically just stares at me with the tears still streaming down her face. She looks... emotionless. She's never looked so sad before.

El pulls a chair over to the bed she puts her hand on mine. Her hand... it was so cold. "hey, Sum. It's been too long. What? About 2 weeks and 3 days... Ever since the accident, everything's been pretty uneventful. You probably don't even know, but I've talked to you everyday since you've been in here. People now think I'm crazy. Not that I blame them, but I just miss you so much. So, remember Louis? The guy you forced me to talk to at the beach? Well, we went on our first date the other day. He was so charming..." She sighs before she continues. "I don't think he'll be going out with me anytime soon. Wanna know what happened? I broke down.. Right in front of him. We were eating dinner at his apartment place and we were talking about our family and friends. He told me about his. He has 4 sisters and he's friends with Harry. Remember him? That was the guy you got a number from that same day... Anyway, we were talking about our friends. He told me about Harry and another friend of his named Stan and he asked me about my friends. I looked down at my lap and said that I had one friend. I told him a bit about you. You know, your name's Summer and you love writing songs and you love Starbucks, etc. He just kept asking questions... and I couldn't hold it anymore! I just starting bawling and screaming and blaming myself. He tried to calm me down, but it just wasn't gonna happen. I broke right in front of him. He'll never want to see me again... I'm sorry, Summer... I'm sorry. I'm sorry..."