Nightmares Strike

Elizabeth's POV

So far, I like Demi. She let me hug her while watching the movie. Then tucked me in like my old mommy used to. Then after a few minutes I fell asleep.

~~~~Dreaming~~~~

I was home playin with my old mommy. We heard Daddy's car in the driveway. Mommy told me to go upstairs, so I did. I was getting bored so I went to find mommy. I was at the top of the stairs as I saw my Daddy hit mommy over and over. I cried and yelled for him to stop. He smelled bad, mommy says when he smells like that it means he's drunk.

I kept yelling untill he stop. He looked at me and grabbed me. He hit and punched me, mommy begged him to stop. He did but he started hitting mommy. He dragged her in their room where he says they 'play' games.

All I could hear was mommy shouting. Daddy came out of the room with a belt. Hitting my with it first then he wrapped it around my neck. Making it hard to breath. Mommy's yells fadded and I saw darkness.

~~~~Wakes Up~~~~

A dream. Just a dream. I was shaking and scared. I got out of my room and walked up to Demi's room. I knocked but she didn't awnser. I walked in trying not to make noise. I saw her asleep. I stared at her, she look even prettier when she is asleep.

I climbed on to the huge bed. I tried to climb as slow as possible to not wake her. I thought she would get mad at me for waking her. She woke up.

Demi's POV

I felt something on my bed. When I woke up I saw Elizabeth climbing on my bed. I sit up straight and help her up. She was shaking. I said"Elizabeth... What happened babygirl? Bad dream?" She nodded with tears in her eyes. I say"Don't cry. Babygirl, no one's going to hurt you while I'm here....ok?" I wiped her tears, she smiled. I looked in to her eyes then hugged her and said "You can sleep with me tonight" I covered ourselves with blankets and held her.

She clinged on me so hard I could barely move. But I liked the feeling. It felt amazing being with her. My daughter. It shoked me.

I realized she is now my daughter. And no one, no one is going to hurt her. From the moment I layed eyes on her I knew I already loved her. After sometime I fell asleep. With Elizabeth right next to me, with her head cuddled between my chest and neck. Best night ever.