Ch. 4

Zoey's POV

   I wake up on the floor near the door in Lottie's room. I see all of the girls asleep on the bed. Something is really tight on me. I look down as see the crop top and the booty shorts. I silently cry again remembering Louis last night. I go to Lottie's closet and get a baggy T-shirt and some sweat pants. I change in the bathroom and walk out. The house is quiet so I walk outside to the pool deck. I sit on one of the chairs and curl up and let the tears run down my face. After I don't know how long Steve walks out with a sad face. I get up and hug him remembering how I stayed away from him last night when he was trying to comfort me. He looks taken aback at my hug but hugs me back.

   "I'm so sorry Zoey," he apologises.

   "It's ok, I knew something would happen. I never have good relationships. I have never had a boyfriend, I've been close, but it never happened. As you know I have never had a kiss before. You probably know I'm a virgin seeing me like that last night. Nobody loves me," I say crying again. He hugs me but I end up crying even more. "Watch me die alone. I already have depression like I've accidentally blurted to everyone," I cry.

   "Don't say that Zoey!? You are going to have someone in the end! You have all of us that love you," Steve says and I shake my head.

   "No I will end up alone, and you guys love me as friends or almost do. What I mean is that I have nobody that loves me like you love your wife or Lottie and Tommy. I am a hopeless romantic. I really thought Louis would love me but I guess not," I cry.

   "But he does, did you not see him last night or hear him? He really does love you!" I just shake my head.

   "No nobody does," I argue.

   "Fine! Think whatever you want but just so you know Louis has been crying all night and finally fell asleep about an hour ago," Steve says walking back inside. My jaw drops and I start crying even more. I don't even realise I'm curled up in a ball shaking and crying. My life sucks!? I bet if I killed myself nobody would care. I don't believe what Steve said about Louis loving me. I just think he wanted me for sex. I walk inside and grab a knife out of the kitchen. As I'm about to walk back outside I turn and see Louis standing there with swollen, blood shot eyes. He sees the knife and takes it and shoves it back where it goes. And I see him crying again.

   "HOW COULD YOU TRY TO CUT YOURSELF?! YOU HAVE PEOPLE THAT LOVE YOU!? I LOVE YOU!? MORE THAN A FRIEND!? I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU CUT YOURSELF I'D KILL MYSELF!? I am so sorry Zoey,"
He cries and scolds me. I cry again and Steve walks in.

   "DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST GO AND TRY TO CUT YOURSELF AFTER WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU," Steve yells. I cry and fall to the ground. I hear the front door open and I get picked up. I can't tell who it is but they take me outside to the pool and lock the door to come out here. I see blond hair and know it's Niall.

   "What happened Zoey," he asks. I shakily explain what happened and when I'm done he is crying. "Don't ever hurt yourself!? You have people who love you and Louis isn't joking when he says that he loves you! I promise Zoey. He loves you so much it's not even funny. I'm sorry he did that to you, but you need to forgive him because he really does love you. And I also know about everything that happened last night and I'm sorry about that," he says making me cry more. I not only lost a friend I have had since I got here, but I also probably ruined the only relationship I've ever had. Niall pulls me into him and I cry more. I don't feel as safe as I do when Louis holds me making me cry even more. Niall sets me down and goes inside. I see Louis come out and Niall locks the door again, but from the inside with the actual lock and not a key. Louis comes closer to me and I don't move since I know he won't try anything. I still feel uncomfortable around him though. He hugs me and pulls me into his lap.