Chapter 6

"We need to talk." She told me, her face emotionless. I let out a long sigh and closed my book, setting it on the dresser next to my bed.

"What about?"

"Today, yesterday, that past four years. What happened to us?"

"Us? There was never any us, Lisa. It was you, and your fame. There was no me in the picture. There never was me. I think the question is what happened to you? What happened to the sweet girl I knew? What happened to the girl who only wanted to help?" She just stared at me, her eyes softening.

"I-I don't know."

"Well?"

"What?"

"Don't you want to find her again. Lisa, I want to help you. I really do. But you don't seem to want my help. And I'm okay with that. But if you want my help, I will. If not, then remember I'm always here, but your time is slipping. Just remember that."

"Yeah." She let out a loud sigh. "Okay." She turned to walk out.

"Goodnight Lisa. Sleep well."

"You too." She quietly whispered from the hallway. I sighed and picked my book back up and started reading again. I only made it a few pages in until my thought blocked me from reading. 

Where the hell did all of that come from? I don't even know, man. She's gone insane. I never got an answer to is she wanted my help. Eh, I'll ask her tomorrow.

I closed my book again and turned out my light, setting my glasses on the night stand. I easily fell asleep, you know, from all that's happened in the past couple days.

Flashback/Dream
January 7th, 2019

"So I'll see you there in an hour?" I excitedly said into the speaker of my phone.

"Yeah, I'll be there in an hour." She said, sounding a by less excited.

"I lo-" I was cut off by the sound of my phone clicking. I let out a sigh as I stared at the home screen. She hung up on me, again. I set my phone down and started to get ready. I took a quick shower and threw on some black jeans. I doused myself in cologne and put on a black button up with a pair of black yeezys. I grabbed my keys and drove to a nice Italian restaurant. I parked in front and went in to grab a table.

"Hi, what can we do for you sir?"

"I need a table for two please." I smiled at the brunette girl.

"No problem, just follow me. I'm Jesica and I'll be your waitress tonight."

"Thank you." I smiled up at her.

"Are you ready to order drinks?"

"Uhh, nah. I'm gonna wait for my girlfriend."

"Okay, I'll be back to check on y'all later." She smiled before walking off. I waited, and waited, and waited. No text, no call, no Lisa. "Sir, it's been three hours, if you aren't going to order, I'm going to have to ask you to please leave."

"Yeah, I'm sorry for wasting your time." My voice cracked as I put down a ten and walked out, the feeling of knives stabbing at my chest making it hard to breath. My hands shook and went tingly as I walked to my car. I drove home with the radio off. I parked in my driveway and walked in, texting Sarah to ask if Finnly could just stay over there. I got a call from her right after I sent it.

"YN?" She spoke over the phone. "Did she ditch you again?"

"Yeah." I sighed, taking off my shirt and sitting on the edge of my bed with my phone on speaker.