Chapter 19

"Good morning." I turned to see Lisa, half smiling at me.

"Morning, feeling any better?" I tried to smile, but something just wasn't right. I looked around and saw the room still dark and my head was pounding.

"Kind of. You?"

"Umm," I paused, looking at the corner of the room. "Uhh, yeah, yeah I'm fine." I nodded, looking back at her. "Hey, where's Finnly?"

"He fell asleep watching cartoons so I put him in bed."

"Oh, thank you. Where are we?"

"We're at my house."

"Oh, okay." I nodded, not quite understanding what happened. I looked over to the dark corner as my stomach sank. "Li-Lisa? What's that?" I pointed to the metal contraption.

"Oh, umm, it's just...-"

"What did you do?" I was practically in tears, something that's rare for me, but it happens. "Lisa what did you do?"

"I- ummm, it's hard to explain. I-" I remembered the conversation and the gun and everything about yesterday. I swallowed hard, my throat dry and feeling like I just swallowed rocks. I heard her voice, but I couldn't make out any words. Just incoherent noises.

"Why? Why would she do any of this?! She has a perfect life. A perfect family. A perfect body. Everything. And she still want to be dead. I don't get it."

"If you'd just let me speak, I could tell you why." She sniffed.

"I-I said that out loud?" She nodded. "Oh."

"YN. I'm not perfect. Hell, I'm no where near perfect. I ruined your life! Can't you see that?! I messed up the person I ever cared about!"

"Lena?"

"No you asshole! You!"

"You don't care about your own sister?"

"Did I sat that?! No! I just- ugh. You-you wouldn't understand it. Not if I could explain it. Not if I could write it down perfectly. Not if I could say what I'm thinking. You just wouldn't get it."

"Lisa, I do understand. It's just, I don't see how it could happen to you."

"It was all a cover up. All of it. I'm not some badass. I'm not ever going to be perfect. But I could do a damn good job of faking it." She laughed. It wasn't a happy laugh. It was more of an insane one. Like someone who's been locked up for years. Never seeing the sun. Never breathing the fresh air. She sounded mentally insane. "Hey, fake it til you make it. Isn't that what they say?!"

"Lisa. Please stop it. You're starting to scare me." I wouldn't even stop at my own voice. It sounded so frail.

"Me?! Scaring you?! That's real hysterical YN!" She laughed again, tears slowly rolling from her eyes. "You shouldn't be scared. I should. I lost it. It all. Everything I've had is gone. You. Lena. Mom. Dad. Everyone. Everything. My own parents never want to see me again."

"That's i-"

"They both told me last time I called. And the last time I visited. Lena thinks I'm a slut and a lunatic. You probably think the same. You probably think worse of me. Don't you?"

"Never."

"It's that or you love me."

"Never."

"Exactly. I've lost it YN. I'm a goner. It's now or later. And I rather not suffer for much longer. I begged you last night and you couldn't. I couldn't either. Maybe my sister will. She sure hates me enough. My father probably will. And just maybe my mother might. I have tons of other people itching to put a bullet though my head. I just need the time of day to have them listen for once."

"Lisa stop it." I shook my head quickly, my lips quivering and my knees too weak to stand.

"YN please understand it's for the better."

"No. No. Stop it. Please."

"You don't really care YN. Stop lying to yourself."

"I'm not. I just-I just want you to stop. Lisa please stop this-this, whatever it is. Just stop it."

"I will." She nodded and walked out. I paused, staying quiet and still until the low rumble of her car forced me to stand. I got up and ran. My legs barely getting me to the room Finnly was in before collapsing. I picked him up and put him on the back of my old motorcycle. Why Lisa had this, I don't know. But it was there. I didn't choose to think twice about it. I threw a helmet on him and sped to my old house. Running in and tossing Finnly on Sarah's bed. Not bothering to look back. I heard her shouting at me as I took off. I reached speeds over 100mph, not wanting to slow down. The next thing was, just so quick. A loud screeching noise, then, then nothing. Just darkness all over and a constant numbing pain though my body. After a minute there was ringing, then shouting. It was other people, a bunch of men and some screaming women. I couldn't see them though I heard it right in my ear. I felt hands all over me, on my neck, my wrist, my chest. I wanted to yell and scream but nothing came out. Not even a single tear. I felt myself being lifted and carried towards loud sirens. I heard heavy car doors shut, then I felt a car or something move. After what felt like a few minutes I was lifted again and carried somewhere. I heard beeping and shouting and feet stomping. I was laid down and heard footsteps beside me.

"Son, this may sting a little." I felt a sharp prick in my arm. I wanted to thrash around but I couldn't move an inch. The sound slowly started to fade until I heard nothing.

-------------------------------------------

I slowly opened my eyes, the light immediately making me regret my decision. I looked over to my left at some brown chairs, one occupied by a blonde.

"Lisa?" I groaned, my voice itchy. She slowly shook her head. "Lena?" She nodded and walked over to me

"Both of you in one day." She whispered, a drop of water dropping into my face and rolling down my cheek. Followed by a couple others.

"Both?"

"She's gone YN. And I almost lost you too."

"She isn't. You're lying to me." I sternly addressed, trying to convince myself.

"YN, I'm not lying. She's truly gone. My sister is gone."

———-----———-----———-----—
Hey guys, sorry for the very late update. I was with family on a trip. I'm back though and I will have another chapter up very shortly. I'm starting it now! Thanks!