Chapter 1

"Please take your seats at this time. We will be landing shortly."

As soon as the message finished, the plane shook from turbulence and passengers rushed back to their seats. The guy sitting next to me woke with a snort and pulled his jacket tighter around him. The plane shuddered and groaned as the view of Ebbot City came closer. I closed the window and prepared myself for the upcoming bumps and shaking of the landing. 

~

I should probably introduce myself. I'm (Y/N) and I'm a liar which is exactly why I'm sitting the middle of the airport with my pen hovering over the blank page of my "Truth Notebook". My aunt had given it to me before I left for the plane that would take me to my destination: Ebbot City. She said that if I were to write down at least one hundred true things, then I might get something out of it. 

I thought it was stupid idea. 

But I took the book anyways and shoved it in my suitcase. Whatever will make her happy. It was a nice little notebook. The pages were thin and smooth and it fit nicely in my hand. It was black with a red heart about the size of my thumb. I had told my aunt that I don't know how I was suppose to come up with one hundred truths in three weeks but she just told me that I'll find a way. 

Now, to whole reason why I'm in Ebbot City. For starters, my relatives live here and I usually spend at  least three weeks out of my summer with them at their beach house that they like to rent out. Frisk was my cousin and they would stay there the whole summer with their adoptive mother, Toriel and father, Asgore. It happened about 3 years ago when the monsters were set free. Before that, when Frisk disappeared, my Aunt Michelle and Uncle Eric died in a car accident. They were Frisk's parents. We had heard about Frisk disappearance about week about their parent's death. My father tried to call in everyone he knew to go and look for his brother's child. It wasn't until months later that Frisk resurfaced, but with monsters gathered behind them. 

Many weren't too happy about this but most humans welcomed them with open arms. Even the mayor of Ebbot City apologized for their ancestors actions all those years ago. Now, 3 years later, monsters covered most of the globe, but Ebbot City remained with the most monster population. And Frisk's mother was one. 

Being so far away from my cousin, I wasn't involved with their disappearance but I still worried and when they finally showed up again, I was more than happy to see their cheery smile once again. Frisk had gained some close friends while in the Underground and I had met them. I wasn't  particularly close since I didn't even live in Ebbot City, but I knew who they were. 

My phone buzzed, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

Where are you (Y/N)?? We're gonna leave without you!

Frisk. I replied to them. 

-I'll be right there! And I know where you live so I can just easily walk there.

That wasn't a lie. Ebbot City was so tiny, I could literally walk from one end of the city to the other in about 8 hours flat. 

Okay okay but hurry!!

I laugh at the text and shove the blank notebook back into my suitcase and walk to the exit. I'm looking forward to these few weeks.

~

I'm not looking forward to these few weeks.

How do I know? Well, when I stepped into the car that Frisk was waving at me from the open window, there, in all his glory, was the driver. Mettaton.

Don't get me wrong,  Mettaton is a great guy. It's just that he's...flamboyant as one would say. And loud. And when he's around, usually he's followed by his boyfriend, Papyrus, then Papyrus' overprotective brother, Sans.