Chapter 16

Truth #70: Since I never had a sibling, it was only my parents and I

Truth #71: When I was 6, my parents gave me Bailey as a birthday gift. 

Truth #72: Bailey was my dog. 

Truth #73: It was sunny that day; no signs of a storm or anything. 

Truth #74: There shouldn't have been a storm. 

Truth #75: We were eating dinner in front of the TV that night when the alert came on and the whether popped up on our screen, interrupting our show. 

Truth #76: A thin man with grey, receding hair walked up onto the screen. He looked like he was in his late 50's, early 60's. He talked about how our and the surrounding counties were under a tornado warning.

Truth #77: I had ignored it as well as my dad. 

Truth #78: My mom, however, was always a worrier, no matter the situation. Dinner passed and I was making my way to bed when my parents had stopped me. 

Truth #79: They had told me that in case there was a tornado ("Which there won't." I had cut in) that we were to hide in the closet in the living room since it was the farthest away from a window. 

Truth #80: I wasn't really comfortable with it but I agreed. We didn't have a basement or anything so it's not like we had a better option. 

Truth #81: Weather men always lied. Or so I thought.

Truth #82: I had woken up to a powerful storm, one that had the trees outside my window whiping and shaking against the strong winds as thunder shook the entire house. 

Truth #83: I had stayed on my bed for what seemed like hours. I wouldn't say that I was mesmerized more rather that I was so terrified that I couldn't move. 

Truth #84: What I had seen was the tornado from my window, approaching us at an alarming speed and destroying anything and everything in its path. 

Truth #85: I knew when my parents had told me to hide in the living room closet that it wouldn't do. What they didn't know is that I had a secret compartment in the back of my closet that I would sometimes use when playing hide-and-seek. But the thing was, it couldn't fit all of us. It was too small. 

Truth #86: I should've said something but instead, I kept my mouth shut.

Truth #87: I snatched up Bailey and my blanket and ran to my closet and squeezed into the compartment just as I saw the tornado enter my neighborhood. 

Truth #88: I should've said something. I should've believed the weather man. 

Truth #89: The tornado never touched our house but a tree had crashed into my room and in the living room, which allowed the powerful winds to enter into our house. But not everything was completely destroyed. That doesn't count the amount of damage it had done to me. 

Truth #90: I tried to block out their hollers of my name and screams but they still haunt me in my dreams. Sometimes my mind will morph their words into, "It was your fault." 

Truth #91: They were taken away by the storm. And I could never forget their screams of bloody-murder as they we ripped from the house and into the continuous twisting winds. 

Truth #92: Bailey and I were the only survivors. 

Truth #93: I was filled with so much guilt that I had never told anyone. That was when I had told my first lie: they had died in a pile up on the highway. 

Truth #94: Everyone believed me, which made me feel even more guilty. 

Truth #95: We had to sell Bailey and I had to move in with my Aunt Rosita.

"How old were you?" Toriel asked softly as Frisk sobbed softly into my shirt, Chara fiddling with my fingers. 

Truth #96: I was only 10.

-

Wow, two chapters in one day?? Lol nah, it's actually 4:40 am here. I can't sleep oh god.

So you can stop yelling at me for another cliffhanger since I got this one out *exhausted cheer* 

But now I'm sad ;n; there is only one chapter left in the book and I'm honestly a little upset to finish this off. I had so much fun writing this and reading all of your hilarious and encouraging comments so thank you ^^

Kudos to you! *throws confetti* 

-

Edit: *showers in the tears of upset readers* YOUR TEARS ARE REFRESHING