Chapter 12

"WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS!!"

A sudden weight lands on top of me, causing the air to leave my lungs. My eyes shoot open and I see Chara straddling my torso as they shake my shoulders. I throw them off of the bed and roll out from under the blanket. I hear Sans chuckling and I turn to the bed and see Frisk cuddling Sans while he pats their head.

Dammit why did I have to get stuck with the worst of the two.

Chara giggles again and I snap my attention towards them. I reach for them and they manage to dodge just in time. I end up chasing them out of the room and down the stairs as the squeal with laughter, Frisk behind us dragging Sans. No, they were literally dragging Sans down the stairs. Frisk had him by the arm as they pulled Sans down the stairs, his bones rattling after hitting every step.

I chase Chara through the living room and finally manage to grasp the collar of their shirt. They stop the momentum and make exaggerated choking noises. They call out for Papyrus who just walked in the living room and I shove a pillow in their face, rubbing my knuckles on their scalp.

"This'll teach you not to get in my business again Chara." They pull off the pillow, gasping for air and smirking up at me, giggling softly. "So I'm guessing you and Sans made up?" They ask softly, that shit-eating grin present.

I shove the pillow in their face again, "Time to die." They laugh from under the pillow and Papyrus cautiously walks away. I hear Papyrus shout something but I'm too busying with murder right now to listen

"HUMAN AND SHORTER HUMAN!" Papyrus shouts suddenly and my grip falters for a bit and Chara takes it as their chance. They slip from under my arms and run away from me, giggling like a mad man. I click my tongue and swipe a piece of hair from my face. "What is it Papyrus?" I says, turning to him and almost choke on my spit.

Papyrus was supporting Frisk with one arm who was sitting on top of his head while Sans was in his other arm, fighting sleep. I'm sent into a coughing fit to hide the giggles bubbling up from my throat.

"HUMAN, PLEASE DON'T DIE JUST YET! CLONE ASGORE HAS COOKED US BREAKFAST!" As much as I don't really appreciate Papyrus' loud voice so early in the morning-it was actually ten in the morning but still- it was a nice change from all of the silence we've been having.

I manage to get ahold of myself as Toriel walks in. "My dear Papyrus, my name is Toriel." She says sweetly, touching his shoulder. Papyrus beams, "AH THAT'S RIGHT! HUMAN PLEASE JOIN US FROM SOME OF TORIEL CLONE ASGORE'S BREAKFAST!" And with that, he bounds off to the kitchen a now alseep Sans in his arm and Frisk holding onto Papyrus' head, giggling.

I laugh and get up, brushing to imaginary dust off of my clothes and follow Toriel into the kitchen

*~*

Breakfast was pretty much normal, aside from Chara flinging food at Asriel and getting scolded but not before shoving a forkful of eggs down Asriel's shirt when they thought no one was looking.

Sans had tried to hold my hand under the table. The first time, I had felt something long and boney creep up my thigh and I practically jumped, hitting my hand on the table. Sans snorted while Frisk bursted into laughter. I glared over at Sans and he shrugged. He tried to move his hand again and I slapped it away. He snickered and I frowned, pushing his hand away again. He seemed to get the message after a few more fail attempts and I relaxed, finally able to enjoy my breakfast in peace.

That was until, I felt his hand on my knee again. I wasn't expecting it and had ended up flinging my fork across the table, barely missing Mettaton. Everyone turned to look at me and Sans hid his face in his hands, his shoulders bouncing from his laughter. I kicked his tibia and got up to get a new fork after picking up the now dirty one.