Chapter 2

"We're home!" Frisk calls, bursting through the front door. Mettaton follows them in while I stay outside for a bit. The house was old but beautiful. It was made out of wood and whatever else houses are made out of. It had a long porch with multiple chairs and benches. The balcony juts out of the side of the house to the ocean where kids are already playing or splashing each other. 

"(Y/N) is that you?" 

I turn my head to find Toriel standing in the doorway with stars know what on her apron. I nod and smile, all the anger and frustration soon disappearing. 

"Oh my child you've grown so much!" She makes her way down the steps and engulfs me in a warm and caring hug. "It's only been a year Goat Mom!" I say laughing. She laughs too and it instantly causes me to smile even more than I already am. 

Toriel reaches down for my suitcase and I push her to the house, "Nonononono, I get this. And you cook." She starts to protest. "Nope!" I tell her, "You need to go make your amazing food. Plus, what if Chara and Asriel are trying to mess it up?" 

That gets her. She gasps and runs through the doorway, yelling into the house that no one is to touch the food. I double over and laugh, a couple of kids looking like I've gone insane. And I probably have. 

I walk into the house and prepare myself for the loud and possibly worst three weeks ever. 

~

Did I really grow? 

I look at myself in the tall mirror that was leaning against the wall in my room. Papyrus, Toriel and Frisk did a great job in cleaning out the room. It looked completely new but the beds were terrible. Every time I sat on it, the springs would scream out at me or I would completely fall into the mattress. There was a dresser that I haven't touched yet and a little side drawer on the side of the bed with a clock and a lamp. The bathroom looked surprisingly new considering that no one has used it in the past two hundred years. 

Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit here. 

I pulled a lock of hair to the side of my face and run a finger over it. The (H/C)-ness of it shone in the dim light. I then look down at my legs which already had some sand stuck on them. I wipe it off and look at my arms. I don't honestly see what Toriel was talking about. 

I'm 19 now, a freshman in college. I had graduated high school last year and I'm now attending college to major in Biochemistry. I'm a huge science nerd and I just love the idea of working in the lab and mixing chemicals together to find out new things. The only thing is, I have to take physics as well. And physics and I are not good bed fellows. I've gone to tutoring multiple times but it just never stuck. I'm barely scraping by with a C right now. That's not gonna fly. 

I look at my face and lean forward to the glass. Maybe I do look older. My features look a little more defined and I start to notice some freckles popping up that I didn't even know where there. 

"How's the physics-suck-up?" 

I jump, my forehead colliding with the mirror. I hear a deep laugh coming from my left while I try to steady the mirror so it doesn't fall and shatter. I turn to the doorway and see none other than the boney douchbag himself, Sans. He continues to laugh and I just walk back to my bed, muttering curses. Sans gets himself together again and wipes a fluorescent blur tear from the side of his eye socket. I stopped questioning monster magic a long time  ago. 

And then it hit me, "What did you call me?" I ask. He gives me an obnoxious smirk, "Physics-suck-up. Cause you know, you suck at physics." 

"How did you know that?"