Chapter 8

Truth #43: I'm starting to find my nightmares to be a blessing

Woah. Where did that come from? 

I looked down at my book and sigh. Am I that desperate for physical contact that I'm actually depending on my mental trauma to give it to me? 

The only reason why I wrote that is because I had another nightmare last night and well, I ended up sleeping on Sans' bed again. Honestly, at this point, I don't think he cares anymore. Hell, I could probably just slip into his bed tonight without me having a nightmare and I don't think he'll mind. 

The thought sends the butterflies flying in my stomach and I bite my lip. I look over to the empty bed on the other side of the room. Memories from last night flood into my mind: Sans' fingers caressing my hair, his soft words, his arms wrapped protectively around me, his warm breath on my forehead, his hip bones pressed against my hips-

I smacked my face with my book and let out a frustrated scream, my face burning with an unwanted blush. Why am I doing this to myself?! I'm actually glad that Sans isn't here for once so I can allow myself to think these stupid things and get away with it without him questioning me. 

The conversation that we had before we fell asleep pops up in my memories and I slowly pull the book off of my face. 

"Something's going on."

I turn to Sans, "What are you talking about?"

"I...don't know, but something's up," he glances at me, "Didja see how Tori and Fluffy Buns were actin'" I snicker at the names and he smiles.

"Yeah. They seemed a little desperate to leave the room."

"Yeah but it was...odd."

I raise a brow, "What do you expect? Asgore was the king of all of the monsters. Don't you think he's a little affected that his monsters are getting targeted? And then there's Toriel who just wishes for peace."

Sans closes his eye sockets, "I guess your right." 

Could Toriel and Asgore be hiding something? Their behavior was a little strange, but it all started when the topic of the riots was brought up. I shake my head. Sans nonsense was getting to me. It's pretty obvious that they were uncomfortable with the topic because they ruled the Underground. The monsters are practically their kin.

I sigh and walk over to the bathroom, clutching my notebook and pen. I really shouldn't let that bother me. Asgore and Toriel are strong. Plus, they have the twins and Asriel who are determined and will help their parents out by any means necessary. The thought brings a smile to my face. Besides, I have my own problems to worry about. 

Truth #44: I should have someone help me out. 

Truth #45: No, Sans doesn't count. Someone professional. The nightmares and headaches are getting annoying. 

Truth #46: But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the after effect of me being with Sans. 

I groan to myself and refrain from crossing that out.

Truth #47: I tried getting help once the nightmares began a while ago. 

Truth #48: Medications never helped and I was turned away so many times. 

Truth #49: That was years ago. After my parents died. Now, and it's sickening to say, but I'm starting to get use to the reoccurring nightmares. 

I shove my notebook behind the sink in the cabinet before I could write anymore. 

I make my way out of the room and down the stairs. I could use some Fruity Pebbles right about now. The house was quiet again. Sans actually needed to go and get something for Papyrus for the spagetti that Chara-forcefully- wanted him to make.