Chapter 13

"SANS PLEASE!" 

"Come on, you're almost there." 

I let out a frustrated sigh and roll off the bed and onto the ground, not caring if my papers get crushed. Sans snickers from my bed and I weakly throw the papers at him, but finding it useless as they just float right back to me. 

"Buttercup, you literally have, like, three problems left." Sans points out, gesturing to the text book in his lap. "But I don't wanna.." I whine, rolling around some more. Suddenly. I feel myself being lifted off of the ground and shriek. I turn to Sans, his left eye emitting a blue flame while his hand was encased in the same blue aura that was around me. I'm brought back to my bed and placed down in front of my papers and pencil. The fire in his socket disappears when he blinks and I finally have control over my body. 

I didn't mind doing the work. It was actually coming easier to me thanks to Sans' tutoring-or should I say torture. But it was just so much work and I was a little rusty since I haven't done it in a few days. Once we had found out our theory about Toriel possibly selling the house, Sans wasn't up to tutoring me and I didn't blame him. 

But now that he was fine- somewhat- he's back to drilling me with equations and things I didn't even know existed. I snatch up my pencil, shooting Sans a glare and blowa lock of hair out of my face and get back to work. 

Three problems later, I throw my pencil across the room, flip all of the papers off of my bed and onto the floor and flop onto my back. "FINALLY!" I shout and wipe my dry forehead. I could practically hear Sans roll his eyes as he snaps the text book shut. The bed dips beside me and I turn my head to see Sans settling himself down next to me. 

"We have still have at least two hours until we leave." He states. I nod and close my eyes letting out a content sigh. Then I smile, knowing that I might just pass physics and get my dream job. 

"Whatcha smiling at Buttercup?" 

I open one eye and smile more, "Just thinking about how I'll finally be able to pass physics." Sans smirks, "You're welcome." 

I roll my eyes and giggle, "Thank you Sans." He smiles, "There we go." He pulls me close to him and I bury my head into his chest. His skull presses into my hair and suddenly feel a little tired. Sans notices and shakes me gently, "Hey, don't go to sleep yet. You're not gonna be able to fall asleep tonight" I sigh and sit up, stretching out my arms and back. 

"Fine, but let's get something to eat. I'm starving." I say as I hop off the bed and walk to the door, Sans following me softly after. 

*~*

"You haven't touched your Nice Cream" 

Sans looks at me, finally snapping out of his daze. He hums questionably and I point to the blue Nice Cream that was dripping onto his hand. He lets out a 'tch' and switches the treat to his other hand and wipes his sticky one on his shorts. He hands the Nice Cream to me, "Want it. I'm actually not that hungry."

I take the Nice Cream from him and raise a brow, "You okay? You've been acting a little strange." I say. Ever since we left for the boardwalk, he's been a little distant like something was on his mind. 

Sans shakes his head and smiles softly, "Nah I'm fine Buttercup. Don't get so worried." he says winking, I glare at him, "I wasn't worried bone-head." I say, turning away and biting into my new Nice Cream. But, to be honest, I was a little worried. What could possibly be on his mind? Is it the house, Papyrus? I swallow. What if it's about me. 

I bite into the Nice Cream and try not to think about it as I intertwine my fingers with Sans'. 

*~*