Heartfilia and Dragneel: Chapter 3

Literally, I'm NEVER joining a cover contest ever again. I put out my entries and the next I don't even see my cover on any of the 'entries' chapter.

I'm just done.

Fuck this shit.

***

Natsu

"Hey, sorry for what Gajeel did to you. I'm Lucy–"

"Heartfilia. Yes, I know. You're the popular girl. Plus, you're nemesis with Lisanna." I said, not really in the mood to chat.

"Oh. Am I really known as the popular girl? Ugh, I hate that." She says, pouting.

"Well, it ain't my problem."

It was lunch time and Lucy had the audacity to come up to me and apologize for Gajeel's action yesterday. I didn't really feel it at the moment, and all I want is to mind my business and for them to do so as well.

"I'm sorry, also. I didn't wanted for you to get into this mess in the first place. Say, what's your name?"

"Natsu Dragneel." I reply, eating my lunch.

"Natsu. Hm, I'm pretty sure I've heard of that name before."

"Pff, really? People talk about me?" I ask, in a sarcastic way.

"Yeah. But, those are really rude comments. So, wanna be friends?" Lucy asks, and I stare at her in an exasperating expression.

Her eyes were pretty lit up and they sparkled as if she was looking at the stars.

"Uh..."

I don't even know what to respond! I'm annoyed and in disbelief at the same time.

"Well?" Lucy continues, the sparkle still glistening in her eyes.

"Yeah. Sure."

"Oh! That's awesome! We should hang out sometimes!" Lucy said, sitting down next to me.

"Oh really? Where should we hang out?"

It feels nice to finally talk a conversation with someone. Especially with the girl that looks like a complete angel just speaking to me.

"Hm, how about today at night?"

"But it's a school night."

"So what?! I always wanted to look up at the stars with someone."

"Wait, we're stargazing?" I question.

"Yeah! You can come to my house and we can stargaze together. So, what do you say?" Lucy asks, smiling.

Her smile just warms my heart. No wonder I had a crush on this girl.

"Alright. I'm in."

"Great! I'll give you my number so I can text you. Oh, I'm so excited!"

I smile a little and chuckle. She's too enthusiastic about this. She barely even knows me and she wants to invite me to her house just to stargaze? I find that like she's doing all of this for a bet.

"What's the joke?" She asks, handing me her phone.

"What? Oh, it's nothing. It's just your enthusiasm. It looks nice on you."