My Survival: Chapter 22

Natsu

If miracles existed, I would need one right now. If God heard me, he wouldn't take Lucy away from me.

I just need her in my life. That's all I'm asking for. She was there for me when I was falling apart.

She was there when I needed a shoulder to cry on, she was there when I needed happiness, and she was there when Wendy died.

Who is going to be there for me when she's gone? Lucy is the only person who has made me so happy.

So please, God...if you can just listen to me just this once, I would appreciate it. Please don't take Lucy away.

Let her live. Let her live. Let her live.

Let me be happy with her.

I always dreamed of getting married, starting a family, raising our children and seeing them grow, and for us to get old together.

She's the only person who has been there for me so please, just let her live!

I would be so devastated if she passes away. Without her, I'm nothing. And I don't want to go back into that depressed, cherry haired boy who gets bullied in school who can't defend himself because he's too afraid to get noticed again as "popular".

You took away my parents...my sister. You can't take away the love of my life now.

I lost too much already.

"Natsu. It looks like you need to go home and rest for a bit." Erza says, concerned.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks."

"Are you sure? I feel like you've been through enough."

"I said I'm fine, Erza. You don't have to worry about me." I said, yawning.

It's been two hours since Lucy got sent to another room. We haven't been notified on how she's doing.

I sighed, shutting my eyes for a moment. Maybe I should just...accept the fact that she's dying.

"There's always hope in everything."

Yeah...always hope in everything.

Suddenly, my vision slowly flashes white and I was standing in front of Lucy, who was smiling wearing a beautiful white dress with a flower crown.

"Huh? Lucy?"

"Natsu, remember that you promised me I would get to travel around the world?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Well, we're here now in Hawaii! You took me here and I'm so happy to be able to spend it with you!" She says, giving me a hug.

This isn't real. But why do I want it to last forever?

I hug her back, smiling. All of this is weird but Lucy's smiling. I can't be anymore happier.

"Natsu...promise me you'll stay by my side forever. Promise me that if one day I'm gone, that you won't forget about me and that you'll continue to live. Please, promise me." She says, and I nodded.

"Of course. If that's your wish, I'll be sure to complete it." I said, grinning.

"Thank you."

She breaks the hug and turns around, grabbing my hand and taking me somewhere.

"Hey, where are we going?"

"Natsu...you know that I'm dying...and I will die. So I want to spend this time that we have together here. I'm inside your head right now...and inside your head is how I'm gonna say my goodbye."