She Just Had To: Chapter 13

Ugh, this soundtrack brings so many memories. ;(

Grab like two boxes of tissues and food, please. Enjoy.

**

Natsu

I couldn't keep it positive about Wendy's disappearance. It's hard to cooperate. Everyday, I just become so violent about things.

I started to hear voices in my head and they were laughing at me. They tell me things I don't want to do...like murder Lucy and everyone in the world.

But I don't want to. That's a sin I don't ever want to do in my life.

These voices...god dammit. They don't ever leave me alone. Why can't they just go away!?

"Natsu?"

I snap out of my thoughts and look at Lucy, who has tears in her eyes.

"Hey...what's wrong?"

"Oh, thank goodness. You scared me, Natsu. You couldn't respond to any of my calls." She says, wiping her tears.

Lucy gives me strength to keep on going. To keep pushing further and further to a better future.

She sits down next to me and I hug her, kissing her head.

"I'm sorry, Luce. I'll do better next time." I said, and she nodded.

"Yeah, okay. Just please...stay strong."

No matter how tempting it is to want to cut or kill myself, I want Lucy to not worry about me.

She's holding me back. She's making me hesitate in killing or self harming myself. I kind of hate it.

Suddenly, the house phone rings and I get up, approaching it. I grab the phone and answer it, putting it against my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Natsu Dragneel?" A man said.

"Uh, yeah. Speaking."

"We're here to report to you about your sister, Wendy Dragneel. Uh...we found her under a river and she had many injuries. Police are still going under investigation about the cause of...ahem...Mr. Dragneel, your sister, Wendy, has passed away. I'm really sorry for your loss and–"

I instantly drop the phone to the ground and rush out of the house.

"Natsu! Hey, what's wrong!?" Lucy yelled, chasing after me.

This can't be happening to me. I can't accept this!! This is absurd!

My little sister is dead!! SHE'S FUCKING DEAD!!

Tears started to run down my cheeks and Lucy grabs my hand, stopping me.

"Natsu! Hey! What...happened?"

I stare at Lucy with my lips quivering. My heart was beating rapidly out of fear and anger.

"She's dead, Luce. She's fucking dead!"