You Wanna Be Grown?

By the time I got back home my aunt and dad was waiting for me. Here it comes I went and put my bag down in my room and came back to the living room. "I don't know why you put that back there because you might as well get the rest of your shit!" My dad said. I raise an eyebrow and looked at my aunt like what! She said not a word but he continued. "Grown people live in their own place, where they can do as they want to and go whenever. You're 18 now, you think you're grown GET OUT!" I choked up the words "Where I'm posed to go?" I asked. Their faces were serious and my eyes filled with tears, I had nowhere to go.

I called Trish and told her what was happening and she told me to come stay with her in the guest house her parents wouldn't mind. I packed what I could because I truly didn't want to leave, I didn't have a job or car, it was my senior year and I didn't have the money I needed for all the activities or my graduation things. Once I got to Trish's I just cried to her asking what am I posed to do? She reassured me things would be ok. Some how I knew they would.
Mark wasn't playing when he said he was coming to see me that night I received a text asking me the address. When he got here I met him down the street. It wasn't much to do in the city so we just went to Dixie Crossroads to eat. I told him I had just turned 18, I'm a high school senior and I had just got put out. He looked at me like damn. I broke down crying again and he was like you good ma stop crying I gotchu now! I didn't know what he meant but he reached in his pocket and pulled out a wad of hundreds, threw one on the table and started to get up to leave, I followed right behind him.