Collect Call

May 13th I get a phone call at 1:15am from a familiar voice "Mark got jammed I need you to call his lawyer and get things going!" Block said. My mind started racing! Not now God! "Ok B I got it!" I replied. I called Trish's dad and told him what happened and he said he'd call me back. Time seemed to be moving slow, I began pacing my living room, crying, not knowing what to do.

The phone ring and when I answered the automated system began "You have a collect call from an inmate at Broward county correctional facility." I didn't even let the thing finish before I started pressing 5! "Hello! HELLO!" I shouted! "Baby calm down what you yelling for?" He asked. All I could do was spaz because he had let his punk ass ex wife get him jammed! "How you let this happen Mark? Why?" He cut me off "Man shut the fuck up and listen the dumb bitch got mad because she found out you got pregnant and I wouldn't give her 10 bands. She overheard me on the phone with Block. She called the police on my car!" "Mr. Walker is looking at the arrest, he's supposed to call me back. Did they find anything?" Right then my phone beeped and it was the lawyer I merged him in so they could talk. He had a bond but it was 50K. That would wipe out my savings and I wouldn't touch the business account. He told me to get it out the safe and Block was going to send someone to pick it up. For the next 24 hours I couldn't sleep or eat.

When Mark was released he called and let me now he couldn't leave the county until he went to court. I packed my bags and flew out on the first thing going to Fort Lauderdale. I left the store in Trish and Kali our assistant hands. After the flight I started having a crazy feeling in my stomach, something wasn't right. I grabbed a cab and went straight to Marks condo. Before I could even put the card into the entry slot I could hear voices, his and a female laughing. It ain't even been 48 hours since he jumped and the nigga already got a bitch around! I walked in, Mark and some red hoe sitting on the couch smoking. Their faces looked like deer in headlights. "What the fuck going on here?" I yelled. "Bae what you doing here?" Mark asked. Before I knew it I leaped across the table and grabbed the girl by her cheap ass lace front while Mark tried to pull me off I started punching his ass too! "You got me fucked up! I get your stupid ass out and this what you do? You want me to kill you? You don't give a fuck about me! I don't know why I even got fucked up with you! Or took your ass back!" I screamed. The girl had ran out the door in the mist of me fighting Mark. Mark grabbed me and shook me yelling "What the fuck you doing here?" I yanked away from him and went to run me a hot bath. Mark tried to smooch up to me the whole week I was there but I wasn't with it. I decided to take his car and go to Bal Harbour and meet up with my cousin to shop. Thinking about my life just a year ago I had nothing, everything happened so fast and being from where I'm from not many girls are this blessed. I was thankful for it all once I let it soak in. I just wished Mark wasn't into the life he was. I had changed and learned a lot from him and could help him get a legalized business.