CHAPTER SIX: The Rumor

Andrea walked briskly home as the anger surged up in her chest. She couldn't believe that she allowed Nick to get close enough to hurt her. She stopped suddenly as she realized what was waiting for her at home. A house full of women who would want to know how her date with Nick went. She felt sick again. 

As she predicted, her room was full of girls waiting for the blow by blow. Their faces were all eager with anticipation to hear all about her date.

"All I will say is that Nick Darcy is a jerk and I hope I never see him ever again," she then went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. When she came back the girls were still waiting for the details, but Andrea refused to say anything more. Little did she know that she had just ignited a spark that would turn into one of the biggest rumors on campus.

Andrea's roommate Janet was Dando's little sister. Not his real little sister but his Greek little sister. Janet wasn't satisfied with Andrea's lack of scoop so she went over to the Tau Omega house that night. It was then that Dando realized he had an in with Andrea. The fact that Nick couldn't close the deal made Dando want her. He told Janet about the bet he made with Nick. Only in Dando's version Nick was the one who instigated the bet. 

By Wednesday, the rumor had made its way around the entire Greek system. This was just phase one for Dando. He had bigger plans for Andrea.

Dando found the corner of the library where Andrea liked to hide out to study. He made sure to go there every night until he accidentally ran into her. He pretended to trip and dropped his books by her feet.

"Oh, my God. Are you okay?" She asked as she got up to help him pick up his books.

"Oh, yeah. Not sure what happened there," he said as he pushed his strawberry blonde hair off of his forehead only to reveal his green eyes.

He was about to walk away when he stopped and asked her, "Do we have a class together?"

"Not sure. I don't think so," she said as she looked at him. She realized at that moment that he was pretty handsome. He was tall and built like a swimmer.

"I know you, you are Zeta Delta. Right? Is your roommate Janet?"

"Yep. I'm Andrea,"

"Andrea, that's right. I'm Dando. Dando Mills," he said as he saw the color drain from her face. She got up and started gathering her books.

He took her arm, "Hey listen, let's go get a cup of coffee and I can explain everything."

"I'm sure you can but I'm not interested."

"Here please just listen to my side of the story. It was totally my fault."

She stopped and crossed her arms, "Okay let's hear this."

"Look I was teasing Nick at the party because it looked like you were totally blowing him off. I thought it was pretty funny actually."

"And?"

"And, that's when he bet me his car that he could sleep with you. Honestly, that's how it went down," he said as he put his hands up in the air.

"Well, thanks for explaining it. I guess. It was still a crappy thing to bet."

"Honestly, I thought it was a joke. I didn't think he'd take me seriously. I thought we were just joking around."

"Well, I'll see you later," she said as she gathered up her books.

"Hey, how about we grab a cup of coffee or something?"

"Not tonight."

"Look I know this is really forward of me, but we are having this Disco party this weekend at the house. Would you go with me?"

"Umm... I'm not much of a dancer."

"Oh, come on you'll have a good time and Nick won't be there he's out of town this weekend."

"Yeah, well, I don't know."

"Hey, if you really want people to stop talking about this stupid rumor you gotta give them something else to talk about."

"Like what exactly?"

"Like you being my date that'll shut everybody up for sure. Come on, I promise you'll have a great time," he said as his green eyes turned puppy dog peering over his eyebrows almost hidden by his bangs.

"Okay, I'll go with you. Why not?" she said.

It was easier than he thought; maybe Nick was losing his touch, "Cool. Hey are you walking back to the house?"

"Yes."

"Let me walk with you then," he said as he grabbed her back pack and slung it over his shoulder.  

He was already in. It was just too easy.