Chapter 7.

Before I start the chapter, I'd like to say THANK YOUUUUUU SOOO MUCH.

THANK YOU FOR THE (400) VIEWS

THANK YOU FOR THE (48) VOTES

THANK YOUR FOR THE COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK!

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS BOOK WORTH WRITING!

Honestly, thank you for all the support you guys have given this book. I'd like to dedicate this chapter to heyitsspresh , she's one of my best friends and I was facetiming her as she read my book and she gave me feedback and her honest opinion which has also motivated me to continue along with the continuous support you guys give me.

Without further ado ...

TIME

Kimani's P.O.V

I opened the door and went back into my bedroom and undressed myself. I stood in my underwear as I stared at myself again. Why did I have to be cursed with this skin tone. All it is, is skin and I can't even feel comfortable in it. Why is it that only fair skinned people can experience happiness, is their happiness worth more than mine? I again did my routine, after removing my bra, I cupped my breasts, I shivered as my cold hands touched my warm chest, my nipples erected and goose bumps appeared as I travelled my hands down to my sides. I stared at myself again, red eyes poisoned with emotion and skin cursed with ebony.

I sighed as I put on a t-shirt and my shorts. I then laid in my bed as I watched the ceiling. I was engulfed in questions and thoughts.

'If I buy a bed, do I have more or less bedroom?'

'Did we have homework?'

'Who first found out about milk and why were they touching down there?'

'Will I ever be seen as beautiful?'

As I bombarded myself with questions I felt myself go in and out of consciousness and soon after fell I asleep.

I walked into the room, it was pitch black. Suddenly a dim light appeared above me, I started falling and falling and falling. As I fell I was struck with words of discouragement and hate.

'I hate girls like you!'

'You're too dark!'

'Why are you soo black?'

'Blackie!'

I landed on my back and started to struggle to breathe as the words span around me.

I shot up from my bed and started breathing heavily. Sweat drenched my body as I continued to try and catch my breathe, I looked at the pitch black closing in to me. As my breathing began to even out I checked the time on my phone. 2:15pm. I opened my blinds and was struck with light, blinding me.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen and went to drink a glass of water as my hands shook. It was another one of my nightmares, (A/N: I didn't know what it would be, a nightmare or terror dream so I'm just gonna say nightmare.) I usually have them when I'm in deep thought or sadness. I hate them. They usually consist of hate, depression, skin, love, all sorts. I went into the living room and turned on the T.V as I watched some daytime T.V, Catchphrase it was.

As I sat there glued to the T.V I heard a knock at the door. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked up at the clock hanging in the living room, it read 3:30pm. I wasn't expecting anyone and my mom didn't tell me about any visitors coming by. I sighed and crept to the door as I looked through the peephole to see, Shemika, Asia and Christian. As slight smile crept on my face as my heart filled with happiness.
They cared for me.