Chapter 9.

TRUTH

Saturday, 3:27pm, Kimani's House.

I shook my head as I watched Asia and Shemika twerk in my room getting ready for the party. I adjusted my green bandeau dress as I looked at my curves show, my boobs were quite small but noticeable, my stomach lay flat, my bum poked out (thanks to my fricken African food) and my hips wide, not Instagram model wide just normal wide. I liked my body, it was alright, nothing to complain about, I used to complain that my boobs were too small but my cousin taught me that having big boobs was no walk in the park, she hated hers.

"What do you eat Kimani?" Shemika asked smacking my bum, making a stinging sensation stay on my butt. I honestly think this girl is a bisexual sometimes.

"African food, Yams, Fufu, Rice and Stew." I replied simply, it was the truth. The women from my country have either big bums or boobs or both. My mom has both, she said mine would come after child birth, in for a shock. Mine just don't wanna appear. I rubbed my bum as it still had the stinging sensation. I had just finished my makeup, eyebrows and nude lips, my hair had been in bantu knots since yesterday. All my natural girls ALREADY KNOW ITS FINNA BE SHAPOPPING! I had on my white converse and my denim jacket on with small studs in my ears. Like I said casual.

"Naah, its at that hall near the park on Grove street, I sent you the address already!" Asia said semi shouting at the person on the other end. People were ringing off her phone asking for where the party would be. "But is it my party though, if you're going go bare asking me questions!" She said replying to the person on the other line.

Shemika looked at her and then to me and we both burst out laughing as Asia laughed stressfully with us. "Bare people just belling off my line, asking me where it is, if they can come and thing like say its my party." She said screwing up her face. I'll never understand WHY people ask other for party information instead of the people on the shoutout.

Drama aside, we all looked good as we posed for pictures on our phones. Asia had on a two piece, bandeau top, midi skirt and choker and she rocked a pair of vans whilst Shemika had on shorts which were covered by her oversized print tee and paired with her white air max. (A/N: i wont ALWAYS comment on what they are wearing as it can be annoying and you guys can create your own outfits for them.) We looked like we just jumped out of a tumblr page and into my room.

The party started at 5pm so we were done quite early. We didn't wanna be late as we wanted to get somewhere in the party which we could 'claim' as our own, so we know where to meet up and stuff. I went onto snapchat and made some snaps in my mirror as I sat on the vanity chair, my hips spread. Yup a b!tch got them angles and tricks for them. I posted it onto snapchat and locked my phone.

We all waited downstairs till 4:30 so that we could leave on time to get to the party fairly early. It was now 4:20 (hehe) and we were getting everything packed, bags and extra things that we may need. Phone, check. Brush, check. Bus pass, check. Perfume, check. Cool. I had everything I needed, plus my money in my bus pass holder for emergencies. I took my phone off charge and checked the percentage, 100%. We all looked at eachother and checked we looked good before we decided on heading out. Before I left I went into the kitchen where my mum was preparing chicken. "I'm going now Mummy." I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

She smelt like flowers and baby powder. She was always so effortlessly put together. Hair, Face, Clothing and even her smell. Ugh! "You look beautiful Kimani, make sure you have your phone and make sure to call me before you leave, I'm going to Aunty Cassie's house." She said as she kissed my cheek. "AND make sure you be safe, if you die i go kill you (if you die i will kill you)." I gave her the Nick Young face. How mom how. We both laughed as I waved goodbye.