Chapter 8.

'The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.'

STRENGTH.

I woke up. Nah I rose out of bed. Nah I jumped out of bed. Yeah I jumped out of bed this morning. I was feeling refreshed today. A day to rest, reflect and refresh myself. A new day. Yesterday I feel like I found some sort of strength in me or some sort of confidence. I woke up and hour earlier than usual and got ready. I showered and felt myself feel light. You know when you scrub real good and the heat of the water just uplifts you and water droplets just penetrate your body. It felt real good in here, I didn't wanna leave but I knew I had to, plus imagine the water bill. My mom would most probably strangle me, no lie.

I got out and slid into my slides as I got my wash bag and went into my bedroom. I placed everything in its places and put on my underwear. I checked the weather app on my phone, 23 degrees Celsius (73 degrees Fahrenheit), so its gonna be warm, YAS. I looked through my closet as I searched for what to wear, grey slit jumper, you know the ones with the slits on the sides, black high waisted jeans with cuts on the knees and my adidas all stars originals. Simple but 'cute' lol.

Before getting dressed I creamed my body and put my oil scented perfume on. Thats an essential to smelling good for the whole day. I then put my clothes on and sprayed myself in 1 million. Now for my hair. I looked at it as I sighed, what do with it. The straightness was still there but due to the bun from yesterday it had a few waves in it. I let it out and brushed it back and used bobby pins to keep the hair near my ears down and then slicked my edges. Head tie on, makeup time. Simple makeup, I'm no makeup guru, just a simple makeup look. It was now 7am and I had about 40 minutes before I had to leave for school. I changed my bag to a handbag and put my necessary things in, pencil case, purse, books, folders, cream, perfume and my bus pass.

"Rest In Peace Capital Steez." I heard Like Waves by my husband Jozif Badmon playing with my brother in laws Steelo and CJ. I started rapping the verses in my mirror with my brush before I put it into my bag. I got my phone and called Asia, she had an early start today as well. "Yo Mani, GWARN MANI WHO YOU LOOKING NICE FOR BITCH!" She yelled as she stuck her tongue out and shook about. I laughed and positioned my phone on my desk and started twerking.

"For you bitch, da fuq." I said as we laughed in unison. Asia was that friend that always looks nice. She was basically a model to me. Beautiful, Funny, Kind everything.

"Nah but forreal Mani, who do you think you are slaying my life please?" She asked as she caught her breathe. I chuckled as she brought the phone to her face as she did the 'bish whet' face into the camera.

"I dunno, I just woke up early and thought I might as well init."

"Thats good, I like seeing you like this Mani." She replied smiling as she shuffled around. See, shes beautiful inside and out. I honestly love the friends I have, they're supportive and keep me sane more time.

We continued to FaceTime as we both made ourselves breakfast and talked about school. "There's some boy that joined school yesterday, he's so peng oh my days." She said as she rolled her eyes back as I listened attentively. "He's tall, brownskin, has like these light brown eyes and his hair is just ugh, I wanna put my hands through it." I laughed as she rambled on about the boy. "I think his name is Jermaine or something." She said as she tried to remember.

I jerked my head back at the name and put the pieces together. Yup, has to be my Jermaine. (A/N : where I'm from in London if you say my (name) it basically means someone you're associated with or know, usually if there is someone else that has the same name or something in the area.) "Is he tall?" I asked to make sure I wasn't thinking it was another Jermaine. She replied with a yes. I went back upstairs to my room and showed her a picture of Jermaine and I and asked and she nodded and laughed.