Chapter 25.

PROBLEMS

Roadville College,  Wednesday 1:30pm

Kimani's P.O.V

"Don't forget to do the homework for tomorrows lesson, answer the question as if they are REAL exam questions because I will NOT be taking in single line answers." Our teacher said to the rest of the class, two pages of a past business exam paper, she wanted to test our writing and see if we had improved. I don't mind doing it because I know it will be beneficial for us in the long run but it was gonna be long, two 4 markers and a 10 marker. One equation, one short essay and then a long one for the 10 marker. She said she would test our timing with other questions in class as it would prepare us for the real thing, which was true, being speedy in exams is a key thing and a major thing you need to pass, ontop of exam technique and actually knowing the content. I placed my books into my bag, following my pencil case and then put my bag on my shoulder.

What album to listen to? I thought to myslef internally as I scrolled through my Apple Music, I opted for some Beyonce and put on one of her best albums, 4. No one can't tell me that isn't one of her best albums out here, 'Schoolin' Life' is my favourite one off of the album. I began to walk to the canteen where I would be meeting up with the other girls for lunch, as usual. I pushed the door into the canteen and found them all sitting at one of the tables, I walked over and sat next to them.

"OOOOH, somebody looks cute." Asia said analysing my outfit and giving me a smirk.

"Why thank you darling, how are you guys?" I asked sitting in my chair. Asia, Brianna and Shemika were here but Kaylah seemed to be somewhere else. They all replied to my question as we proceeded to talk about random things. Lunch flew by quickly and Shemika and I hugged everyone and said our goodbye's. As I stood up to follow Shemika out of the canteen and to my house I saw Delora and JJ walking in, I mentally rolled my eyes as Dora watched me before diverting her attention back to JJ.

That's what I thought, look at your man not me because I don't like you and I don't want problems with you hoe. Lemme calm down because my mother always told me, to never allow another person to have that much control over your emotions that they can change it anyhow. I sighed and put my bag onto my shoulder, I swear my bag just got like 50 times heavier to hold. I walked up to Shemika and put my arms around her own as we walked out of college together.

"What's up Shemika?" I asked as she just hummed to herself softly on the bus. She looked at me and shook her head. I was fine with her acting like this because she's gonna have to tell me one way or another once we got to my house, so if it wasn't on the bus it was going to be at my house, and trust me I will keep her hostage if I have too.

I put the key in my door and turned it until I could feel the lock untwine and giving me access to my home. We both took off our shoes as we got in and I called for my mother but as I thought I got no reply, she was most probably at work. We trailed into my bedroom, Shemika sat on my bed as I sat at my desk taking out my books and placing them on top of one another in order of which one I would tackle first. After doing so I turned around in the chair and faced her.

"What's wrong Mika, are you ready to tell me?" I questioned as I watched her play with the fur on one of my teddy bears. Her fingers fondled strands of fur as she circled around them in a cyclical motion, up, down, up down. She looked at me and then back to the bear as if the bear would talk for her.

"I." She croaked. Staring down at the teddy bear I saw a tear fall from her face. Concern took over me as Shemika was one of the few people to ever behave in such a disheartened and weak manner, it's not that crying is weak but it is vulnerable and Shemika rarely shows people, let alone us, this side of herself. I got up and walked over to her where she sat on my bed and pulled her into an embrace.