Chapter 13; Mr And Mrs Smith Part 2

Chapter 13:

Nothing could explain the nervousness I was feeling right now.

We pulled up in front of a huge house, as Zolton pulled into the driveway. My palms began feeling sweaty. Would his parents like me?

I let out a breath as u felt Zolton hand wrap around mine. "I can feel your nervousness through the mare bond." he said.

"I can't help but worry I'll do something for them to hate me."  I said to him honestly.

Zolton ribbed my hand and cupped my cheek in his hand. "They'll love you. Well I know for sure my mom will, but I don't care about anyone else." he reassured.

I smiled at his words as he placed a gentle kiss on he cheek. Zolton got out of his side of the car as my heart beat rapidly against my chest.

I got out from my side of the door, with shaky hands and walked to Zolton's side.

He slipped his hand around my waist, and pulled me close to Him as he rung the bell. I waited for a moment, taking in deep breath, this was it, no turning back.

The door opened only for a beautiful woman to stand in front of me. She was beautiful beyond compare. She stood in a beautiful dress, all dressed up.

Her eyes seemed to light up when she saw Zolton.

"Zolton honey, I missed you so much." she said to him and that got my heart aching. My mother and father were never close to me and were hardly home. It was only in the last 3 years they decided I didn't need a nanny to look after me, and left me alone.

Zolton's mom looked at me, a smile overcame her face. A warm motherly vibe erupted from her. "And this must be your mate, Victoria. And soon to be Luna of the pack. Victoria it's nice to meet you. I'm Zolton's mom, Adrianne, thank you for loving my son." she said to me and pulled me into a hug.

After exchanging smiles, she let us through the door and we walked into a homey feeling house. It felt so lively. So happy.

"Mom where's dad?" Zolton's questioned Adrianne, she seemed to let out a sigh of irritation.

"Arriving late like always." she said as she let out a sigh.

We sat in the living room exchanging questions as we waited for Zolton's father to arrive. We spoke about almost everything and Adrianne was an amazing mother and was young, her early thirties. Apparently she had met Zolton's dad, when she was 16. And things took a turn for the left there.

The door opened as a powerful presence made its way into the house. I stood up immediately as Zolton's father came into view with 2 children by his side. Zolton looked like his father and you could see the resemblance the both of them shared, minus their eyes. Because Zolton eyes matched none of his parents.

"Father." he said without any emotion. It was like a wall stood before them.

"Zolton." his father said in the same tone.

"Listen the two of you, and listen good. I will not have you ruin this dinner that I worked so hard to make with your issues. Victoria is going to be impressed with her soon to be mother in law, so don't you dare ruin it for me." Adrianne said sternly and walked out of the room.

"Zolton!" the two kids screeched in happiness as rhetoric tackled Jim to the ground making me laugh.

"Mia, Evan" Zolton smiled at them.

I turned to Zolton father, as he held a scary look in his eyes. I cleared my throat taking out my hand.

"Good evening sir, I'm Zolton's mate, Victoria, it's a pleasure meeting you former alpha." I said with a smile.

He seemed disgusted by Me as he looked at my hand and at my face then to Zolton, with a frown.

"You didn't mention she was human." his father said with a tinge of anger laced in his voice.

"And what does her being human mean? I love her and she's my mate." hearing those words made my heart flutter.

"She is going to make you weak Zolton! She is not strong enough to lead!" his father growled out.

"Listen FATHER!," Zolton spat out venomously, "don't talk bad about my mate or you'll regret it. You are my father and I respect you, but my mate us my first priority, I don't put tears in her eyes and I won't allow you to put them there." he said in anger. I placed my hand on his shoulder calming him down.

"I'm sorry sir, I'll try to prove myself." I said trying to fix the problem.

"The only thing you'll do, is destroy Zolton and that's it. He doesn't need someone weak by his side to," Just then the bell rang as the door was opened, you could hear talking as heels clucked on the ground.

A girl about my age, with such beauty walked into the room. The presence in the air dulled even more. She saw Zolton and smiled, but Zolton froze.

"Zolton!" she said as walked towards him putting her arms around his neck, making my jealousy light up.

I hated watching her, but probably they were siblings or friends. She moved a bit away and placed a lingering kiss on his lips as my heart shattered.

I stood there for almost half a minute as Zolton didn't push her away, it was only when he caught my eye he pushed her away. The tears started brimming in my eyes as I looked him in the eyes.

"Who's putting tears in her eyes now." His father contradicted his earlier words with a snort.

"Victoria?" he said my name but I looked away from him as the tears rolled out of my eyes.

Zolton looked angry, hurt and regretful. Adrianne walked into the living room as she looked between all of us. "What is going on? Why is my sweet Victoria crying?"

I rubbed my eyes as I forced a smile on my quivering lips. "It's nothing, nothing at all Adrianne, I just need the bathroom were is it?" I questioned.

"upstairs, second door to the  left." she said as I nodded and moved up the stairs.

And the only thing my mind kept repeating was; Why?

****************

Oh my, how us Zolton going to get out of that one?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama