Chapter Two

P.E was not that difficult when it came to speed or stamina, but she was very weak when it came to strength. Sadly, that was all they were working on that day. After fifty minutes of planking, sit ups, even rope climbing, she felt sore in her abdominal, biceps and everywhere else.

  "...seven...eight...nine..." Gabe stood beside her as he counted her push-ups.  "Really Kelse?"

  As she finally reached her goal she collapsed,  allowing her arms to fall limp.

  "You can only do ten push-ups?" A passing classmate giggled. "Wow, no progress."

  She let out a muffled groan. 

  "At least you're fast." Gabe chuckled. "You can beat anyone in a race."

  "Alright," Coach Lawrence barked. "Bell's about to ring, go change!"

  Kelsey groaned again. She couldn't move her arms. They were done for the day. She just laid there until Gabe grabbed her underarms and dragged her. 

  Once they were in front of the girls' locker room, Gabe dropped her. "Can you do me a favor?"

  She let out another groan.

  "Don't get detention on Monday." He smiled, looking down at his friend.

  She magically regained her strength, hopped up and turned to glare at him. " I told you not to talk about my detention."

  He let out a small chuckle before stating. " I didn't, I directed it towards the future. I wasn't talking about the one you have now."

  "Yet you just spoke of it."

  "You brought up the subject."

  "Either way, you still spoke of it!" She argued. "You owe me a chocolate bar tomorrow."

  With that, she turned around and entered the girl's locker room before she was instantly greeted by a bubbly green haired girl. "Hey Kelsey, have you heard of Claire's new boyfriend?"

  "No Amber, I haven't." Kelsey sat down and began to pull off her running shoes.

  Kelsey never cared about the latest gossip; she didn't find it that interesting. Amber was probably the only exception. Even if they weren't that close, Amber was just one of those people who was friends with everybody, and it would sometimes get lonely having no friends in the locker room, so Kelsey didn't mind listening to her.

  "Well, it's the bad boy Jim."

  James (or Jimmy) Lake Jr. has been slowly rising up as the "bad boy" ever since he was caught breaking into the museum with his friend, Toby. James even punched the infamous school jock, Steve. There have also been rumors going around about the two slowly bringing the famous Claire Nunez to "the dark side."

  "I never knew she was into bad boys, but what do I..." Amber's voice began to drone out while Kelsey opened her locker and carelessly stuff her P.E. clothes into her backpack until she heard a small whisper.

To protect those under the moonlight, Night choose me to fight!

  She whipped around with wide eyes. "What did you say?"

  The green headed girl stopped for a moment before babbling. "I know right? It's amazing! I never knew my parents would get me a new car. I mean, they would've got me a car but a brand new model! It's-

  "No!" Kelsey interrupted. "The other thing! A-about the moon?!"

  "Um, Kelsey I didn't say anything about the moon." Amber brought the back of her hand up to Kelsey's forehead. "Are you alright."

  "Uh, y-yeah I'm fine!" Was she just being paranoid? It was just a really weird dream that was still on her mind.

  Then as if the angels were listening, the bell rung.

  "There's the bell! gotta go, bye Kelsey!" Amber stated before dashing towards the exit.

  For some reason, whenever the bell rang, Amber was always the first one to leave.

  Kelsey just stood there watching her friend leave. Then she grabbed her backpack and headed to detention.

▪•▪•▪

  Hi, another update, so I realized that this is going to be a slow story with short chapters. Please leave reviews and comments.