Chapter Fourteen

She laid there both blind and deaf as her heartbeat consumed her ears within the dark empty room. She squeezed her eyes shut somehow attempting to block out the growing pain in her side. Reaching for the bruise, she let out a small gasp of pain. Thankfully, she wasn't bleeding, yet it still probably needed to get checked out by a doctor. Taking another deep breath Kelsey let out a small cry for help "A-Amber?" Her voice echoed through the old gym. "Amber, I need help." Having no response, she continued waiting for a reply.

     Opening one eye to check where her friend was, she was met with two wide glowing eyes inches from her face. She let out a scream while trying to back away from the strange creature. However, she couldn't get far before meeting the wall that she hit just seconds ago. The creature was still close and followed her. It released a small laugh which was mixed with a growl, then slowly changed into a normal, familiar, high-pitched giggle. "Geez, calm down Kelsey. I'm right..." The creature was once again, right in front of her face. "Here."

     Kesley could feel tears welling up in her eyes. She couldn't slow her breathing or her heartbeat. "Wh-What did you do with Amber." She whispered.

     The eyes squinted, attempting to smile before a laugh was released. After catching it's breath it spoke some more. "You humans are the dumbest creatures in the world! You create your ' cliches and yet, you can't even point them out!" There was another burst of laughter, as the creature seemed to stand, towering Kelsey's small crying form.

     "What's this?" The creature spoke as if it were speaking to a baby. "The nice, kind, girl ends up being an enemy? Oh, what a shock! Then again, we do have that one cliche jock. I suppose I could cut you some slack for being born into this dumb world of humans if..." The sentence ended in a growl, and she practically spat out the last word. "You weren't friends with the Trollhunter."

     Kelsey shook with fear. Tears were now streaming down her face as she tried her best not to cry out. She couldn't understand what Amber or a Trollhunter was, or why she was being targeted by all these weird and crazy things, she just wanted someone with her. From her previous attacks, she was able to run and escape. She also had Gabe and Bo, who that helped knowing that she wasn't alone. (even though Gabe was literally the one running into danger.) Although this time she was trapped and all alone.

To protect those under the moonlight, Night choose me to fight.

     Without thinking her lips mimicked the voice and within a flash, she was back in the strange costume with the bow in hand. She couldn't believe it what it actually worked. Even though she was still sitting on the ground, she felt safer. She could've used the bow to get home until she realized that last time Gabe had to help her pull it.

     "Hey." Kelsey's eyes shot up returning to the beasts-Ambers. "I remember that thing. You used it last night to escape." She let out another giggle before continuing. "I'm sorry to say this, but I can't have you leave alive."

     Remembering the events from the night before, Kelsey let out a small whisper "That was you?"

     Something small began to glow by Amber's eyes. Slowly, it began to stretch until it reached the floor. It was the same spear from last night. As it descended, Kelsey managed to view Amber's new body, which she recognized as the monster from before. Next thing she knew, the glowing spear was heading straight for her face.

     Forgetting about her injury, Kelsey quickly ducked and rolled away. She instantly clung onto her side as it reacted to the sudden movement, yet she knew, she just couldn't stop. Gripping onto the bow, which she somehow kept in her hand, she began to pull on the string. If she got it far enough she could get home. Her effort to leave was quickly distracted by a familiar scream or cry.