Chapter Ten

Kelsey felt at ease, as the chocolate slowly began to melt in her mouth. The smooth square piece danced across her tongue as bitter almonds were crushed by her teeth and spread through her mouth. There was a small smile growing on her face.

     "Did we have to bring him?"

     She nodded in response. Gabe was looking down watching a shaking little Bo, trying to get to get Kelsey to pick him up. He was on a leash to make sure he didn't run off on them.

     They were standing outside of their local grocery store, Cardenas Supermarket. Gabe had bought a pack of Sour Patch Kids, for himself, and a Hershey's chocolate bar, with almonds, for Kelsey.

     Kelsey loved chocolate, however, she was really picky about the texture of cookies. When it came to cookies, she would choose chocolate chip, although the cookie would have to be crunchy, She absolutely disliked soft ones (unless if they came straight from the oven).

     They were standing in front of the supermarket chomping away on their snacks. Both were silent having that silent-friend time. Once they finished their snacks, they threw away the wrappers and returned to Gabe's car.

     After a few minutes of driving, Gabe turned on the radio. "Any recommendations?"

     She shrugged in response, not caring as she was petting Bo who was sleeping on her lap once again. She was relaxing for the first time in a while. She took a deep breath closing her eyes as her mind was filled with the night before. Having her life endangered and having her father believe that she was losing her mind, she was happy that nothing changed with Gabe. He was just dandy when she told him. He didn't say that she seemed crazy, but actually said it was cool. Even if his resoning was kind of dumb, she was grateful that he was on his side.

     Looking out the window Kelsey noticed how the shadows of the buildings stretched far, as the sun began to set. Every now and then, they would pass a person or two yet they never passed any cars.

      She leaned back in her chair as a song came on.

      It had a calm and steady beat as a female voice began to sing.

Well, maybe I'm a crook for stealing your heart away.

     The car suddenly jerked to a stopped causing Kelsey to lean forward and wake up Bo.

Yeah, maybe I'm a crook for not caring for it.

      As she opened her mouth getting ready to bark at Gabe, then she heard him. He sounded shocked, yet amazed as he let out a small "Woah..."

Yeah, maybe I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad person

     Kelsey looked at him in confusion. He was looking out the front window of the car with wide eyes and had his mouth slightly ajar.

     Following his gaze, she manages to see a single figure dash across the road. Although Kelsey didn't get a good look at it, she already knew what it was.

Well, baby, I know.

     She had caught one color: Green.

▪•▪•▪

Hey, it's been a while. Sorry, I was just stuck at one part and didn't know how to get to the next scene, but I made it.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys like this part before or after the story because I've been doing it randomly (Which is probably a really dumb idea) and so I want to know your opinion.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed and please comment.