Chapter Nine

It's the middle of the day and I have a really bad headache. Let's get this over with.

▪•▪•▪

        The next morning Kelsey felt defeated. She knew her father didn't believe her. No one probably would. How could anything she said last night be possible? She began to think that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't real. Her mind counter-argued by bringing up memories from last night. The "goblins" that had chased her were real.

         She didn't feel so "lucky" as she ate another spoonful of charms, but she did notice a note on the counter. Sadly just reading it just made her morning worse.

        Hope your feeling better. I left for work and Penny ended up sleeping over at Mabel's.
-Dad

        Kelsey stared at the paper for a second before crumpling it up and throwing it away.

       Once she finished eating she began to think of things to pack for her walk back to Bo's. She needed something just in case if she saw those "goblins" again. She thought that maybe she could take a picture on her phone as proof of their existence, but another idea struck.

        After she finished getting dressed, she took out her phone and called Gabe. He had a car. He could probably give her a ride. It would take less time to get to the house and would probably protect her from being vulnerable She brought up the phone to her ear and waited patiently sitting on the couch.

       He answered casually. "Hey, Kelse."

       "Morning Gabe. Can you do me a favor?"

     "I don't know? Don't I already owe you candy." She could hear his smirk from the phone.

     "Well, this will make up for it."

     There was a pause before he answered. "You sure?"

     "Yes!" She said irritably. "Can you just give me a ride?"

     There was silence for a few seconds before he responded with a. "Sure."

     So Kelsey waited. She kept her focused on the window, waiting for his old hand-me-down car. It wasn't long before Gabe pulled up to the curb. 

     As she walked up to the front door she froze. What if there was a goblin outside? What if she got attacked? What if-

     There was a knock at the door. She already knew who was on the other side, but still, she slowly turned the knob and opened it slightly. Kelsey peeked through finding Gabe who was trying to see the person on the other side of the door.

     "Kelse? That you?"

     She didn't respond as she opened the door. Cautiously, she took a step outside, looking left and right as if she was going to cross the road.

     "Kelsey?" Gabe spoke cautiously.

     Seeing it was safe, Kelsey faced him. "Thanks for coming."

     Surprising herself, she noticed how her voice lacked any emotion. Gabe probably noticed as well. He quirked his eyebrow in confusion before smiling.

     "Are you possessed or something?"

     Kelsey froze at his words. "What?" She said confused.

     "You just reminded me of someone who got possessed. You know how in movies they stay calm until a priest comes, then they go berserk and try to rip someone's-"

     "Okay! I get it, I get it!" Kelsey quickly blurted out. "Can we... Can we go?"

     She didn't want any more disturbing images in her head.