Chapter Nineteen

I'm going to keep this short. I'm sorry I took so long. It's been a crazy year and couldn't keep track of everything. But I'm ready to continue this story.

~~~~~

Everyone stood still until Toby broke the silence. "Victory? OoH! ooH!" he exclaimed. "Does that mean Jim's back."

"Um, no," Kesley explained, slightly flabbergasted at his reaction. "When I put my hand in the Toothcryer-"

"It's Soothscryer." Blinky corrected, slightly irritated.

"Sorry. Soothscryer, "She corrected herself. " Once I had my arm in there I guess he- I mean, Victorinus left me to go see Opilio."

"Is she another friend of the Trollhunter?" Draal inquired.

Kelsey opened her mouth to reply, but Blinky beat her to it. "She certainly isn't, having never spoken a word to Jim. But!" he paused dramatically. "She carries an old companion of a Trollhunter, so I'd say she's on the fence."

"I have talked to Jim!" Kelsey insisted. "I spoke to him this morning."

No one in the room responded. Instead, they all looked towards Toby, who gave a smile "that was actually," he pointed at his own face. "Was me, and a funny smelling mask that can change appearances"

"Then... Where is Jim? Victorinus is worried sick, and it's kind of making me lose my mind."

Claire walked up to her and grabbed Kelsey's shoulder in a comforting way. "Hey Victorinus," The brunette tried to call out to him. "If you're listening, Jim's in... The Darklands." Kelsey felt the Night take over her mind once more, yet Claire's words began to soothe it. " But, he'll come back. I understand what it's like to lose someone, and the amulet hasn't called out to anyone else, so we know he's safe."

The Night left Kelsey like a small breeze. "Thanks, Claire, that seemed to calm him..." Kesley trailed off noticing a statue.

It was larger than the rest and could easily scare anyone with just a glance. Yet it held a smile that made Kelsey upset. Their eyes held the care and sadness in the trolls last moments. They probably had someone with them as their left and was raised, midway as if they were saying "Farwell" to whoever stood in front of them.

"That's Aaarrrgghh," Claire commented. "He... helped Jim."

A horn broke the negative atmosphere and shocked everyone.

"Holy horns! What's that?!"

"Must be something important." Blinky shared his thoughts. "We must hurry. Except for you Ms. Stone."

She felt Victorinas stir uneasy inside of her. "Why can't I go?"

"Along with our previous struggle with humans, discovering trolls," He gestured towards Claire and Toby. "And the current absence of the troll hunter, we cannot let the others know. If they find out... I can not imagine what they would do."

"We must go, now." Draal claimed.

Ignoring Victorinus, Kelsey nodded understanding that her presence may shock them. Then they left, leaving her with Aaarrrgghh.

You should have gone with them.

"No." She stood her ground.

They may be in danger. We can help find the Trollhunter-

Her foot was pulled forward, forcing her to take a step.

"No!" She brought her foot back. " They know what you are and they're willing to explain what's going on. If I want to know the truth, the least I can do is listen to them." She clenched her fist. "And remember. This is my body, I control it, and I'm choosing to stay right here."

There was a moment of silence before his voice returned.

I'm sorry, Stone. I 'll offer, the information you seek.

This took her back. She didn't expect him just to hand it over.

"Really?" She breathed out in disbelief.

What do you seek?

"Why are you in my head?" She looked down at her hands.

I needed someone equal for the Trollhunter. A worthy companion

"But he already has Claire and Toby." She looked at Aaarrrgghh. "And... others, to help him."

Indeed, however, none was suitable as host.

"Why would you need a host? Or to help him? He clearly has a good team."

Not good enough. James Lake Jr. is in the Darklands. A savage place where only the darkest trolls belong. Clearly, his team has failed him, and that's why he needs me. He needs us.

"They're going to get him back!" Kelsey insisted. "With or without your help, so there's no need for you to possess someone, who's just trying to live there life!"

Yet there won't be a life to live if we do not help.

"What."

Those from the Darklands want eternal night and Trolls to rule the earth. They are not like Blinky or Draal.

A sound of a baby interrupted their conversation. They had returned, along with a baby in Claire's arms. Yet they all looked upset at their new member, then happy.

"Kelsey, we need to tell Victorinus something, but first," Claire gave a sad smile. "Meet... Enrique." After Kelsey had explained every fragment of being the host of Victorinus, the group accepted her... except for Toby. He was still cautious.