Squish

I somewhat recently developed this thing called a squish.

Please get rid of it!!!!

A squish in the aromantic community, is similar to a crush.

Basically, long story short, it's when you really, really like someone, and you really care what they think of you, and you care for them, and you really want to be really close friends.

Important to have that friends on there. It's like the same thing as a crush, but it's platonic. (again, bad definition.)

So, squishes suck! Honestly, I don't understand them, and they make you question your romantic orientation, in general, they just suck.

So, there's not much else to say about them. They can be very similar to a crush. One way I learned to determine the difference, was to ask yourself this...

Do you want to date them, or do anything romantic with them?

The answer to this was no.

Also, if you think of a crush, and then take out the interest of having a romantic relationship, then you have a squish.

The fact that I already question my romantic orientation a lot, made it seriously terrifying when I got my first squish not so long ago. In the back of your mind you're constantly thinking that it could be a phase, and then all of a sudden you have these feelings for someone.

That's terrifying.

So, I wasn't happy when I got this squish. The person doesn't know I have a squish on them, and it's kind of 'dulled' a little since it started anyways.

Squishes, in my opinion don't make any sense. I got my first one towards the beginning of this school year. (Quite a few months after school started.) And I barely knew the person when the squish started.

Plus, it's like you're stuck in between wanting to be friends and being a thing. Like, I want to be extremely close platonic friends. I want to be the one you turn to, I want to be someone you think about, I want to be important to you... Type of thing.

Umm, so squishes.

Questions????

~Hallie out