Chapter IX

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2017
Alex's POV 4:00 PM

Yep. Almost a week has gone by since we went to the beach. And the boys still haven't gotten us lunch. The thought brings a frown to my face. I like food.. No, wait, I love food. I thought. Anyways, Sofia and I were currently sprawled out on my bed staring at the ceiling and fairy lights hanging around the room.

"So..." uh oh, I do not like the sound of that, nope, not at all. "What're we doing for you're birthday?" Sofia says, grinning as she props up on her elbows. Her eyes shining brightly and hopelessly at me. I just signed, "Nothing. You know I don't celebrate my birthdays. It's just a another day were I get older and life goes on. I mean come on, seriously? Who wants to celebrate a day where you're getting old?." I know I don't. She pouted, "B-But it's not only your birthday! It's Valentines Day!" She squeals excitedly. Fuck.. sometimes I forget my birthday is on the day of "love". It's completely overrated and uncalled for, and that's exactly what I told her. But you know how stubborn she is. "I don't care! We are doing something, and I'll plan it all and that's final," she huffs. I just rolled my eyes at her.

After another hour of just laying around, Sofia had to leave. Jennifer and Spencer were home and lately I've been getting along with them such more than I expected. Honestly, I think they're starting to grow on me. They treat me like their own daughter when I've been nothing but a bitch to them. When Sofia left she was telling them about my supposed birthday that she's planning. They agreed to basically everything she said, which I wasn't really paying attention to. I don't know why there is a Valentine's Day. Like most days are valentines, all you see is PDA and it's gross. It's just another day where couples get even more lovely dovey, if that's even possible.

I was sitting on the floor between Jennifer and Spencer watching Passengers. It was a really good movie. I've seen it with Sofia when it came out. And I guess this is how me and them started to bond, movie nights, family dinners, just small things, which I appreciated. I've been working with Benny to come clean of drugs and get my problems settled and in the past. It's harder than you think. But I've decided I wanted a life and I wanted to live, I wanted to live for the future, for the future my parents wanted for me. I looked up at both of them and their faces were concentrated on the screen ahead of them. It's weird how similar their facial expression are to each other.

"Jennifer, Spencer, can I ask you something?" I said standing up slowly so I could face them. They stopped the movie and looked at me curiously. "I'm thinking about getting another tattoo," I say. They look at each other then back at me, "Of what?" Jenn asked. I held up a finger telling them to hold on. I made my way up stairs to my room looking for my latest drawing. It was an old mirror with roses. The mirror, was my mothers and the roses represented the flower my father always gave me.

 The mirror, was my mothers and the roses represented the flower my father always gave me

It was a simple design and in the middle of it has the words,

"I Would Never Change What Our Past Is,
Written In Our Bones, It's Who We Are"