Late Nights...

(Emily's POV)

I laugh as Dan starts giving Zach a talk about breaking my heart. I notice that we pass Zach's house and i give Dan a confused look. "uh.. Dad?" I as him and he glances back at me. "Yes?" He asks and and sit up straight, and sigh. "We just passed Zach's house?" I say and he nods. "I know. He's coming to stay with us till his parents get back. He shouldn't have to be in a house alone." Dan says and I nod in agreement.

I could feel myself getting tired and blink, trying to fight it. I feel Zach wrap his arm around me, and I rest my head on his shoulder. "I'm on my way, driving at 90, down those country lanes. Singing to Tiny Dancer and I, miss the way you made me feel. It was real. We watched the Sun Set, over the Castle On The Hill." Zach softly sings and I smile. I close my eyes, and let sleep consume me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to see I'm in my bed. Assuming Dan carried me up, I jump out of bed. In the process I fall, because its now dark. I must've slept through the whole day. I grab my phone, and look at the time. 12:23AM. Everyone is probably asleep, well other than Dan. He stays up till literally 3-4AM editing. Which doesn't make sense to me, I mean isn't sleep more important? I walk over to my door and open it. I peek out and sure enough his first office, well old office door was open and I could see the light shining from under neath the other door, his office door.

I step back inside my room, and turn on my light, closing my door. I decide to text Zach and see if he's up.

Emily: You up?
Zach: Yeah, I can't sleep.. Did you just wake up?
Emily: Yeah.
Zach: Come into the guest room for a minute I wanna ask you something. Face to face.
Emily: Okay??

Confused, I place my phone down, and open my door quietly, careful not to alarm the pugs, or wake Jem. And I don't want Dan knowing I'm up. He doesn't like when I'm up this late, even though I did sleep all day. I walk into the guest room, to see Zach sitting on the bed. "Let's go." He says standing up. "W..what?" I say confused. "Let's run away." He says and my eyes widen.

"Zach, Mate. You okay?" I ask him and chuckle to myself. "Yes. Just we can leave everything and everyone behind. We can have a start of our own. Come on." He says grabbing my wrist and I pull away. "No, where'd this even come from?" I ask and he sighs. "My parents said I can't be around you anymore." He says and I look down. "Don't you wanna be with me?" He asks. "Come on.. You love me right? Let's run away." He says. "Okay, okay." I say already regretting saying that. "Em. I'm kidding." He says and I look at him.

I start laughing and hug him. "I was so worried for you." I say and he chuckles. "That's the second time I got you." He says and I nod. I pull away and sigh. "Get to bed." I say and he nods. I walk out, closing the door behind me. "I can't drown my demons they know how to swim.." I sing softly walking into my room. With the song stuck in my head, I put 'Can You Feel My Heart' By Bring Me The Horizon on. Forgetting the time of night, I turn it up all the way.

After that song 'True Friends' comes on and I chuckle. As I'm dancing around I softly using to myself. "I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. You broke my heart and theres nothing you can do. And now you know, now you know. True friends stab you in the front." I sing along.

I sit down, and on cue my door opens. I jump, and I look over to see Dan. "Hey, Dad." I say with a smile. "Hey, I love the music and all, but you need to turned it down Okay, Sweetheart? Its a bit loud and Jem's asleep." He says and I nod, turning it down. "Dad, aren't you Tired?" I ask and he shrugs. "A bit, but I'm gonna head to sleep after I finish editing my video. You should head to bed soon too. You'll be sleepy tomorrow." He says and I nod. "Hey, um Dan? Can I talk to you?" I ask him just before he closes the door. "Yeah, what's up?" He says walking in, and sitting beside me.

"I been feeling... Weird lately?" I say and he raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean, Sweetheart?" He asks and I shrug. "I feel, sad all the time. I hate it, and I wish it'll go away, but it's always there." I say and he sighs looking at my wall. "We'll go to the doctors to see what's up with you if it doesn't stop by the end of the week.." He says his voice trailing off. "Are you Alright..?" I ask him and he closes his eyes. "You might have depression, Love. And I'm praying and hoping you don't, it sucks." He says. "You've had it before?" I ask and he nods.

"When my parents divorced, it really had an impact on me. Of course, because at the time I thought I'd never see him again no matter what. Then going to a permanent school, making new friends. It was hard. But then in High School I met Jemma. After we started dating, I started getting better." He says and I pull him into a hug. "Maybe it's not?" I say and he sighs. "I really hope it's not. Hey, get some rest okay? I'll see you when you wake up." He says and I nod, pulling away from him. He kisses me on the forehead, and gets up walking out.

I sigh, and turn off my music, and lay down. I hope it's just a phase of some sort, because I don't want this to last forever. I go under my covers, and sigh. I close my eyes, and after a good, ten minutes, I'm fast asleep.