Old scars, friends, and drowning...

(Emily's POV)

Its been a week since I've been here and I still don't trust Dan. I just can't.. I get up and change into some jean shorts and a black tank top since its very nice out today. As I'm going downstairs Dan says "Emily? Is that you?" And I jump in surprise. "Uhh.. Y..yeah!" I say stuttering. "Wanna go to the beach today?" He asks. "S..sure." I say smiling but I'm literally still terrified of him. "Okay you can go get ready and we'll leave yeah" He says.

"Yeah I'll b..be back down." I say jogging back up the stairs. I go in my closet to get a bathing suit and panic when I only see bikini's. I go back down stairs and say "Jemma?" And she turns to look at me. "Hmm?" She says putting her bag down and walking over to me. "I..I don't really like wearing bikinis." I say. "Hey don't be insecure, no one is gonna judge you okay? And if someone does tell me and I'll tell them off." She says.

I nod and say "okay." I walk back in my room. Its not that I'm insecure about my weight its that I have scars on my stomach and sides from my Dad. They aren't bad scars but they're visible on my slightly tanned skin.

I take out a electric blue one and put it on underneath my clothes. I pack extra clothes and some sun screen and I put my sunglasses on. I put my wavy hair down and run down the stairs. "Ready?" Dan asks me. "Yep." I say. He smiles and we go outside and get in the car.

~2 Hours Later~

We get there and I step out to see people all over the place enjoying the sun. "Loads of people are also enjoying the sun yeah?" I say causing Jemma and Dan to chuckle. We go kinda close to the shore and put our stuff down. I sit on my towel as Dan and Jemma go swimming in the ocean. "Hey, why you alone?" A boy says sitting next to me. I look over at him and may I say he is cute. "Oh, my parents are swimming, I don't like the ocean that much." I say.

"Oh, neither do I, its to cold and I kinda suck at swimming." He says. I chuckle and say "Oh, I'm Emily by the way." Ans he noda. "I'm Zachary, but call me Zach." He says. "Nice meeting you." I say. "You too, hey want my number and we can text later?" He says. "Sure." I say handing him my phone. He types his number in and says 'Text me later."

"I will." I say smiling as he walks away. I continue to play on my phone and after 5 minutes Jemma comes up to me and says "Come on let's go swimming yeah?" I sigh and stand up and take of my tank top and shorts and I jump in the cold water to hide my stomach. "Come on, let's go to Dan." She says going out kinda far. Luckily, there weirdly wasn't any waves.

As I'm going I realize that my feet can't reach the bottom. "I can't reach!" I yell to them. "Come on! Swim to me! I'll get you if you go under." Dan yells back. I nod and try to swim but go under and sink like a rock. I try to go up but my arms feel like noodles.

I feel my back hit the bottom and hit a broken seashell or something causing pain to go through my back making me scream under water. Because of that I lose all the air I had and my chest begins to burn. Suddenly I feel arms go around my waist and pull me up.

I feel air hit my face and I start coughing. I look to see Dan saved me. "Thank you so much." I say hugging him tears in my eyes from drowning. He hugs back and says "Come on, I'll carry you to shore." He says. I nod and he carries me till I can walk. As I'm walking I say "I'm sorry for being afraid, I couldn't help it though." I say turning around to face him. Its fine He says. Then shortly after gasps. "What?" I say confused. Jemma looks over following where Dan was looking and also gasps.

I follow there eyes to my stomach and put my hands over the scars. "Emily.. What happened?" Dan says bending to my height. "My dad.." I say. He hugs me and says "Im soooo sorry, sweetheart." I also feel Jemma rubbing my back and She says "Wait? Why is your back bleeding?" I release the hug and say "When I fell underwater and hit the bottom I fell on a broken seashell or something and it cut me." I say. "Oh my.. Come on let's get home." Jemma says. Dan agrees and we get to shore, dry off, and head back to the car to our journey home..

Zach⬇

Authors Note

Authors Note

I hope you enjoyed! This was kinda a crazy chapter yeah? Bai!! :)