We are dying

I guess that brings us here. To the cliff. With the wind softly ruffling my hair and the ledge both tempting and repelling me.

Jump. Don't jump.

Live. Die.

I already know my answer. Without him. Without Cam. I'm nothing. I'm worthless. He was the only source of light I had in this god forsaken planet.

But now he's dead.

And his light died out.

Do it. I hear a voice whisper. My head snaps in all directions, trying to find where the words came from. Do it, and join me in death. We can be together again. Just you. And me. Turning around again I see him. Cam. Stood at the edge of the cliff, staring at me with those beautiful un-matching eyes.

"Cam" I whisper, stepping towards him a little. "Cam step away from the edge"

Why? Dead people can't die Eric. You know that.

"No! No don't say that! You're not dead! You're not!"

Eric. Oh Eric. The police found my dead, mangled body. They're hunting down the killer as we speak. I'm dead. And you know it.

My whole body breaks down into sobs and I collapsed onto the ground in hysterics. Suddenly, the heat of Cam's hand appears on my back and I look up to see him stood over me with that stupid grin I love so much.

"Please" I whisper.

Please what, Eric? There's nothing I can do. You are the only one who has any power over the future.

Then it clicks. I have to die. If I ever want to be with him again. I have to die. I stand up cautiously and begin to trek over to the cliff edge, my steps tired and dreary.

"Come with me" I ask, looking over to Cam who was already at my side.

Always he said.

Two steps forward.
No steps back.
One hop further.
A One way track.

Down we're Falling.
Won't stop Crying.
Shan't cease Weeping.
We are Dying.