Just a dream?

I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs, my whole body shaking and sweaty. Cam immediately got up and began to sooth me, laying me back down on the pillow.

"Eric? What's wrong?" He questioned in a calm tone.

"It-I - I just-" I sighed, wiping away the salty tears running down my face, "I just had the most... horrific... graphic nightmare possible. What's worse, you were in it!"

"You want to tell me about it?" He asked, cuddling up to my chest.

"O-ok Well, it started with me waking up but- but I was somewhere else, I don't know where, some dingy old appartement. My whole body was full of blood and I was covered cuts and shit! I began walking around... I saw the back wall covered in... human ... stuff. Then- ... then I saw you. You were a mangled mess on the floor, bones, blood and bile all around you. I thought you were dead but- ... but then your body came crawling over to me! Th-that's when I woke up."

Cam's face was wearing a mask of worry, however, he quickly covered it up by assuring me it was ok, it was only a dream. "Don't worry babe. Nothing like that would, or even could happen. As long as I'm with you, you know as well as I that I'm completely safe."

"Yeah but-"

"No Eric. There are no buts. Your dream? That was just a dream. We're together now and forever will be"

"I love you" I whispered, propping myself up and kissing him sweetly.

"I love you too" he replied, allowing our kiss to develop into so much more as the star lit night progressed...