n i n e t e e n

PEARL

   DURING class Ginger comes up to me with a smug look on his face

   "So where's your boyfriend?" Ginger crosses his arms.

   Violet hasn't been in class for a few days. I'm sure Ginger noticed the first day since he's totally obsessed with Violet.

   I don't say anything, I only shrug. I don't bother to look up at the worksheet the teacher passed out.

   "So he abandoned you?"

   "Ginger just leave Violet alone."

   He slams his hands on the desk, leaning in, "B-But wasn't he the one to kick you out into the streets knowing the only place you can stay at is your abusive parents house?" He snaps back.

I raise a brow at him, confused, "How do you know about that?"

"People." A twisted smile grazes across his features.

This boy is ridiculous. Who told him? Only Trixie knows. Trixie must've told him. I can't do anything about it now, but after class I'm gonna have to have a talk with him.

He better know what's coming to him.

At the end of class the bell rings, I shoot up from my seat sprinting to Trixie. Trixie is still at his desk getting his things together.

For dramatic effect, I aggressively push everything off of his desk making a mess on the floor. I've always wanted to do that like in the movies.

"Pearl what the fuck!" He screams, picking up his stuff.

"You told Ginger?"

"No I didn't." He gets up from his desk leaving.

I stop him by blocking the doorway.

"Then who told him?"

He looks like he's thinking of something, then his head snaps up and he covers his mouth with his hand.

He can barely get the words out of his mouth, "K...K..."

"Spit it out?"

"...Katya."

"What the fuck Trixie? How does he know?"