Alliances

Sarah's POV

I shut off my alarm and turned to face Clint, who was somehow still sleeping. I kissed him, attempting to wake him up, only to find myself being pulled back on top of him, his arms firmly around me. I knew he wasn't fully awake yet - he was murmuring endearments in Russian.

I shook him gently. "Ronin, it's time to get up. I need to get dressed again."

He opened his eyes and it took them a bit to focus on me. "I slept so good, 'Ria. Did you sleep well?"

"Like a baby. Now let me up so I can get dressed."

"Nope. Gonna keep you barefoot and naked."

"I think the saying is really 'barefoot and pregnant' and I'm not going for that one right now."

"Why not? Sounds good to me. Takes a lot of practice to knock someone up."

I snorted. "You've got enough practice in already today. Now let me get dressed before you have to punch Hunter again."

I gave him a peck on the lips and swung off of him. My top was dirty from rubbing on Clint's shirt and arms earlier, so I dug through my closet until I found another one. I pulled it on and rummaged through my underwear drawer until I found a pair of boyshorts. I pulled them on and went to find my skirt only to notice Clint staring at me interestedly.

"What kind of underwear is that? I like them."

"They're called boyshorts. I like them under this kind of skirt a little better. My cheeks are covered now. The material of your cargo pants is a little rough on my skin otherwise." He sat up in bed, watching me get dressed. I grinned at him teasingly. "Besides, I'm pretty sure you like all of my panties – especially when I drop them."

I walked into the bathroom to fix my hair and makeup. I had a couple of nice marks on my neck and part of the mark on my breast was visible thanks to the plunging neckline of the halter top I had on. My hair would cover some of them, but if he did it to claim me in front of Khan, they would serve their purpose.

"Won't deny that one," Clint said from the bedroom.

"Who's denying what?" asked Barbie, knocking as she was coming in the adjoining door. "You guys ready to go yet?"

"I will be in a little bit," I heard Clint say. "Just have to finish getting dressed. Hunter ready?"

"Almost. I'll send him over in a minute. Nice hickey, Ronin."

"Like you can talk," he scoffed. "Get attacked by a vacuum cleaner again, Barbie?"

"Something like that."

I heard the door click shut and came back in the room to find Clint pulling on his pants. I tossed him a fresh t-shirt and he strapped his swords back on.

"What did you want, Ronin?" said Hunter as he walked into the room. I sat on the bed and pulled my heels back on before crossing my legs and leaning back to look up at the men.

"Have you seen the radar for tonight and tomorrow? We're set to get hit hard here."

"Yeah, I saw that. I called the pilot and talked to him when we got back to the room earlier. Nothing is coming in from the north until the storm passes. When it does, he said he could land at the same airstrip we landed at or at Bogota. Hopefully it moves on so that by tomorrow evening things can proceed as planned."

"We'll see, I guess. Ready to talk business?"

"Always. Nice outfit, Maria," Hunter said, running his eyes over me leisurely. " You okay now? Pretty sure Khan got the hint Ronin gave him earlier."