Chapter One

Jack Morrison, age 16, Golden Boy, Current Faction: Abnegation.

Jack took a deep breath. Yes, today was the day he dreaded, he wanted to stay so bad. He wanted to see his sister Angela smile at him every time he walked into the kitchen, he wanted his dad to teach him how to be kind and polite to everyone, he wanted his mother to teach him sewing and cleaning.

The test today. It would decide who he was going to be, who he would walk into by the end of the week. He got up, dressing and combing back his hair with his hands. He walked by his mother's room where he heard Angela and her talking in quiet voices.

"Hey Angela." He called, seeing his sister's hair fall to the floor. "Hey Jack, I'll be out in a minute." She smiled, his blue eyes blazing. But she didn't look into the hidden mirror. Everyone avoided them.

Jack left them, rubbing his neck. His nervous ate at him, he shook and he felt dizzy. His dad said hello to him twice, Jack didn't hear him once. "Good morning Morrison." Jack snapped out of his thoughts. "Oh, good morning dad."

His dad watched him stand at the counter, looking outside. Jack was biting his lip hard and he could taste blood. "Why are you so nervous?" His dad asked. The Morrisons were considered the ideal leaders in the faction, Blonde hair, good looks, blue eyes, and a smile to blind people. Right now he felt like he was a mud pool out in the streets.

"Because...I don't really want to do this...What if I get Dauntless? Or Amity...Oh god what if Angela got Erudite..." He shook his head, still chewing away at his lip. His father sighed, "Whatever it is Jack, we're still your parents, and we'll love ya either way." Jack nodded, and turned his attention to breakfast.

"Eat up, you have a big day." His father pushed a plate toward him, and Jack sat down at the table, eating silently. Angela and his mother joined after awhile, their dad prising Angela for her beautiful looks. "My love, you look so beautiful, be good today." Jack and Angela left after cleaning up. They walked silently, their grey shoes tapping silently. Other teenagers walked with out of their homes, with either a smile or frown.

Jack and Angela walked quietly toward the huge school building that doesn't teach a lot anymore. It was used for mostly the tests. Jack and Angela were homeschooled, so it was unnerving as they were gathered with other Abnegation, Amity, Erudite, and Candor. Dauntless were taking their precious time as always.

The never stopping train started to shake the rails as it approached, and as it slowed down a little bit, it was still going very fast. Dauntless threw themselves recklessly off, hitting the ground and laughing loudly as they ran toward the building. Angela wrapped an arm around Jacks. "Do you think you'll be Dauntless?" She asked, watching as they pushed and shoved each other around.

"No, maybe Abnegation. Possible Amity, but I'm not cut out for Dauntless." Jack answered. Suddenly she had a dark look pass over her, "Can I tell you something...You have to promise not to freak out either." Jack studied her, and then nodded. "I think I'm going to choose-"

"Alright shut up! Let's hurry and get these tests over with!" Someone yelled, cutting her off. She sighed, "Nevermind." Jack really wanted to encourage her to continue, but she refused to say anything. They were guided into a room, and started being calling off by last names.

They started from A and went down. Jack and Angela waited, watching as everyone started to file out, and finally, "Alright Morrisons." The guy called, and Angela and Jack walked over to the doors. Angela gave him a smile, before they walked inside.

A very slim guy with a black mullet stood against a small counter, filling a shot glass full of blue liquid. "Sit." He said, his voice gruff. Jack did as he was told. He waited patiently as he set Jack up, his heart raced and he hated how all this felt very intruding.