Chapter 8: Ruining the moment

Ridgedog's POV

I've never felt more crushed than that moment. Like I'd been hit by a truck in the stomach. I completely broke down.

My own stepdaughter. For the love of-

"Only joking" Mexxy snickers. "She's not really your stepdaughter. Just wanted to see your face!" he giggles before erupting into manic laughter. I yell curses at him, tears still flowing down my cheeks. He laughs louder, pointing at my tear stained face. My heart felt like it was going to shatter. What if he told Tia that same lie? What if she believed him...

I shut my eyes and turn away. Why couldn't he just leave me alone?

"Liam's mother wasn't Syncrasis. Although she was the one in jail, she wasn't pregnant with my child, rather it was someone elses, a mortals. Someone else carried Liam, and she was mortal too. Liam and Tia are still half brother and sister, but Tia is of no relation to you." He chortles wickedly and I don't respond. There was nothing to say anymore. I couldn't even look at him. What the hell had I done to deserve this? What had Tia done?

"Why isn't Liam a quartgod, then?" Mitch asks curiously. "Good question, mortal." Mexxy replies, turning to him. My head snatches up. That was indeed a good question. Why was Liam only a mortal?

"I'm not sure why. Nobody is. I was hoping to have a quart god son. When it turned out to be a mortal, I cast him out onto Team Crafted Island, since I didn't want him. I only want strong immortals to follow after me on the throne."

"What about Tia? She's strong" I blurt out, before biting my tongue.

"If she hadn't gone out with you and started a family with you, then I would of approached her and placed her on the throne, yes. But no. She would of given the throne to you, and I can't allow that to happen" he smiles tightly, before striding over to me and slapping me in the face. "Pathetic. Trying to get your girlfriend to put you on the throne. What kind of a king would you ever be?" he snaps. I growl and my fists tighten. Wincing, I frown and glance at my cuffed hands. Red matter cuffs. Of course.

Mexxy walks over to the bars of the cage. There are two television screens that I didn't notice before. He turns them on with a flick of his long, pale hand. They flicker into focus. One of them is a camera in a place I've never been. I frown uncertainly. It's dim and the flickering of lights is making it hard for me to place the location. "The Budder kingdom" Mitch says instantly. His hands begin to shake. "What the hell is a camera doing there?" he snaps. Mexxy smiles at him. "This is where you can watch Liam find the final clue. About your past." Mitch pales and huffs in Mexxy's direction. Mexxy smirks and turns to me.

My turn.

Looking at the other screen, I don't place the location. A temple, maybe? An underground temple...

Watching the screen intently, I can see seven rocks in rows. It doesn't click at first what they are. But the camera begins to zoom in on three of them

My heart stops.

"R.I.P Baby Ridge"

"R.I.P Baby Ridge 2"

"R.I.P Baby Ridge 3"

"What are you doing with my dead children?" I whisper. My voice is shaking but I try and stay calm. 

"When Tia finds the clue, it will make the room set on fire with an energy similiar to red matter. Your children, both dead and alive, will perish. Good day to you, Ridgedog" he smirks, before mocking me with a bow and striding out, Jerome following him, open mouthed.

"In all due respect, it could of been worse" Mitch mutters. "Shut the hell up, idiot" I snarl, my gaze snapping from the graves to his annoying face. I could feel it brimming. The insanity. It was coming back. It was calling for me.