Chapter 25: The Survival Games: Cornucopia Bloodbath

Note: Again, all the people who die, who killed them, the death count and who's left will appear at the end of the chapter! Now, back to the action...

Tia's POV

I, personally had never been in the survival games. The stories of them always seemed exaggerated to me. Surely it wasn't that bad? I mean, you all come back at the end, right?

But that wasn't the case.

Yes we came back. But not as the people we were before. And now, as the clock lets out a deep chime, I realize I had underestimated the sheer power of these games and the effect they had on you.

Go.

That one word screamed in my mind loudly as I threw myself off the platform. I didn't see anything else, not Ridge, not Deadlox next to me, no one. Just the chest in front of me, loot bursting out the sides.

The thudding of feet were the only things you could hear. The will to survive, pure survival instincts kicked in, and now that's all it was. Survival. Nothing else mattered.

Throwing open the chest, I grab hold of the iron chest plate first. It reminded me that things did matter. Ridge, Robin, Ryan and my unborn twins. I slip it over my top, trying not to think too much at the mysteriously gone Dark matter chestplate. My hands fold around the hilt of a stone sword, and the other hand grabs the golden apple. Slipping it into pocket, I grab the chain leggings, tugging them on quickly. People were already beginning to run, some were already fighting.

I don't look up, I simply rely on pure instinct to detect when someone comes near. I reach for another chest, just managing to get the two cooked fish before a hand slams onto my arm.

I flinch back, taking the fish with me. Slipping it also into my pocket, I whirl round to whoever touched me. Ridge is decked out in iron leggings, an iron helmet, a chain chest plate and a red matter kattar. He grabs my arm, slipping a golden helmet onto my head before beginning to run.

I turn round. Big mistake.

The fighting had started.

"Sips!" Kim yells. She's being attacked from the chest she is trying to grab at. In there, I see a diamond gleam. "Sips!" she yells again, and the dirt factory owner hesitates, glancing back at her, before jogging after Minty and Sjin, already hurtling towards the forest quicker than a gazelle. It doesn't take long for Mitch's iron blade to slice through her neck cleanly, her blood decorating the sword with a leapard print of blood.

Boom.

The first death of the survival games.

I spot Ryan, running quickly towards me, Ana behind him. Ryan has diamond boots, which surprises me, and a dark matter chestplate. I eye it for a split second, before continuing to run. Ana had no armour, though she had a spare diamond, and lots of food in her arms.

The twang of an arrow is the only warning I get before something digs itself into my arm.

I yelp, clutching my arm and yanking it out, turning round to see Teep, already armed with a bow and arrow, aiming at my direction. I duck when the next arrow comes, and it hurtles over my head, and hits Turpz square in the back of the neck. He freezes for a moment, before falling to the ground.

Boom.

This was horrible. That arrow was meant for me, not him! 

I offer a silent prayer to him, and take Ryan's hand as we reach the forest, Ana right behind us. Glancing back round, I spot Parv running to his friend, another diamond gleaming in his arms. It doesn't take long for Lewis to spot it, and his stone sword digs into his back, slamming Parv to the ground next to Turpz.