Chapter 31: No one wins

Ridgedog's POV

I groan as I hold my head. I hadn't experienced the after effects of respawning before, and I have to admit, it didn't feel good. I try to struggle to my feet, but my body refuses to cooperate. The Yogscast are here, and so are my family, and Team Crafted, but...

"Tia?" I groan. "We don't know where she is" Ana sighs from across the room. Memories of how she died, how my whole family died flashed into my mind, and I glare around the room until I spot him, clenching his knees in the corner, his head down.

"You" I spit, standing up and wobbling slightly. The whole room is silent, watching us.

Deamon looks up wearily, somehow not fazed by my anger. "Me" he responds, letting his head slump down. I tremble with anger, starting towards him, relaxing a little when my demigod powers begin to flood back. Ana is in front of me as quick as a flash, grabbing my hands, and magic flows into my veins, soothing me, calming me down. But nothing can quench the anger, and I push Ana gently aside, going towards him until I stand over him.

"Why?" I spit. He looks up, smiling softly.

Crack.

My fist flies out, my immortal strength making his jaw crack. He grimaces, clicking it back into place.

"Why?" I yell.

"Maybe if you would stop hitting me, I wou-"

Crack.

My foot pushed harder on his leg, and he yells out as I break his bones.

"Tell me or I'll kill you" I snap, gripping him by his hair. "Ridgedog, calm down" Sepia says, gripping one arm, and Ellis grabs the other. "Why are you sticking up for him, he was the one who killed you!" I snarl, glaring daggers at Deamon. "Because we can deal with him later-if we kill him now Mexxy will just bring him back" Ana sighs.

"Not when I'm around" I hiss, but go to sit next to Robin and Ryan. Ryan looked scared, whereas Robin was crying silently, looking over at Deamon with hatred and shock in her eyes. "Shh, we're safe now" I smile, cradling both of them in my arms.

"I will tell you why when Tia comes back" Deamon says, wincing as he uses magic to heal his legs. I scowl, about to insist that he tells me now, but Robin hugs my arms protectively. "Where is Tia anyway?" Duncan asks from across the room. I open my mouth to reply, but the sound of a gunshot rung through the corridors.

I stiffen and I'm about to set off when Deamon appears out of nowhere, grabbing me tightly and talking rapidly into my ear. "Ridgedog, you and I have been friends for over 600 years. I don't think you want to but you need to trust me" he insists. I tremble, shutting my eyes. Should I trust him?

"If something goes wrong I will torture you forever" I growl, and sit back down beside my family, Deamon sat in the furthest corner in the room from us.

Tia's POV

"Cisco?"

He smiles weakly, glancing at the bleeding hole in his stomach where the bullet entered. He slides off the chair, trying to stand, but falls, and I run forward, catching him. He groans a little as I slide him to the floor, and I kneel next to him.

"What were you doing in Mexxy's chair?" I snap, more angry than sad. Cisco wasn't exactly innocent in all of this, was he? But, in the back of my mind, I knew he didn't deserve a death sentence.

"I was waiting for you. I knew you would come here" he smiles. He doesn't seem to be in too much pain, rather, he looked quite content. But I knew he was on a limited supply of life.

"I'll go get Mexxy" I say, knowing the king would heal his only friend. But Cisco shakes his head urgently. "It's fine, he'll be here in five minutes. I need to talk to you..." he says, trying to sit up.