Chapter 27: The Survival Games: Race against the clock

Note: All the attention seems to be on the Teencast book xD Ah well! :3 It is a lot happier than this book, I suppose :D This is all Mexxy's POV and Ridge's POV

Mexxy's POV

Ah. So Sparklez had found the golden desert eagle...in the back of my mind, I wondered, what was he going to do with it? Mortals were so unpredictable sometimes...

A knock at the door disrupts my thoughts. "Come in" I say in a low voice, eyes still fixed on the window. My eyes flicker to the reflection of Cisco in the window. "Cisco" I greet him, swinging round in my chair. He smiles faintly, those his eyes look sad. "What is troubling you?" I ask, reaching out. Faint power, only the faintest flickers in my fingertips and the glass of wine slips into my hand. Licking my lips, I take a sip, before planting the glass back down on the table. 

"Tia" he sighs, leaning against the wall, looking out of the window. "Don't worry, she will be no danger to us" I chuckle. "Still...she has many tricks up her sleeve" he persists, reaching for his own glass. I grasp his arm, looking up at him. We lock eyes.

"It's coming soon, isn't it? What you were telling me before..." he mutters.

"Yes" I sigh, dropping my gaze.

"Are you sure there is no other way?" he pleads.

"No other way" I confirm, and he shuts his eyes. I smile faintly, patting him in the arm. "Everything will go according to plan, don't you worry." I smile. He nods hesitantly and I stand, crossing my arms behind my back. "Time for some entertainment, I think" I chuckle. He nods, smiling slightly.

Leaning over, I grasp a lever tightly and pull.

Ridgedog's POV

Sitting in a large hole in a tree was torture. Just sat there doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing.

"Eye spy with my little eye..." Tia sighs.

There were only so many things you can see out of a tree without getting bored to death.

"Tree" I grunt. "How'd you guess?" she asks sarcastically. "Lucky guess" I mumble.

"This should be called the boredom games" she groans. I smile, pulling her further onto my lap. "You say that now, but when someone runs in here brandishing a battle axe, it won't be very boring then, will it?" I muse, nuzzling her neck. "Anything to stop the boredom" she huffs, but leans on my head. "And besides..." I smirk, wrapping a lock of her hair around my finger, "There are plenty of other things to be doing..."

"You want to do that in a giant dome where everyone can hear us and Mexxy will be watching? No thanks" she spits, shuddering. I scowl, sighing. "You're so grumpy lately" I moan. "Can't help it, I'm sat in a giant death dome with two babies in my stomach, I think I can afford to be a little unhappy at this stage" she sighs. I sigh, but my hand automatically slides down to her stomach. She had taken her armour off because apparently "it was itchy, uncomfortable and unnecessary because I'm going to die anyway". 

"Maybe you should carry these kids instead" she sighs. "Tell you what, I'll share" I smirk. "No way, I've already carried two, you can carry these two" she groans. 

I begin to roll my eyes and argue when the crackle of the intercom echoes into the arena.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Things have been a bit boring lately, and none of you have any good supplies. So, in the cornucopia, I am stocking some one time only goods! Feasts of your wildest imaginations and weapons galore...all the goods will be taken back in an hour. Only one can survive..."

Then everything goes quiet.

"Get going then" Tia grunts. I snap my head at her and she grins. "I was going to go anyway" I sniff. "Sure you were" she chuckles. "Deamon will probably get some stuff for us" I say as confidently as possible. "Yeah, like one piece of armour and a cake." she sighs. "Fine, I'll go" I groan, getting up and shoving her off my lap. "There's a good dog" she giggles, laughing when I swat my hand at her.