Chapter 32: I won't forget you

Note: Hmm...a lot of people have been wondering what's going to happen now that Mexxy is dead (HELL YEAH)-still a bit sad that he died. He was the best villain :(

Or was he?

Tia's POV

Time dragged on. It felt like hours had passed where Cisco and I just sat there, silently mourning the death of our dad. He was horrible at being one, but he was still our dad. 

Sometimes I would kiss him on the forehead, whispering words in his ears that he would never hear again. Words like "I love you" and "Please come back, we can be a proper family." But of course, he never responds and he never will.

"We will hold a Voxel funeral first, a procession around the castle with him in an open coffin. Then we will have a family funeral" Cisco mutters, still holding onto his hand. He had become still now, cold, hard. A dead corpse. His skin was even paler, his silvery white hair drooping down like dead vines. The red coat he wore with golden edges disguised the amount of blood.

"He knew" I whispered, and Cisco nodded. "He knew I was going to shoot him. All this time..." I sigh, letting out a small sob. He knew he was going to die by my hands. That just made me feel even more guilty, that it came down to me to kill my father. How the hell could I live with this guilt?

"He had...an illness" Cisco says, and I look up with a frown. "What do you mean?" I ask. "He's healed so many people, but he sucks in the effects of the Golden Desert Eagle. All of the pain and the effects...it's an energy, a radiation if you will. It has built up inside of him, and he would of died in a few months anyway. It was better this way" Cisco explains, smiling sadly.

I look back down at him, when the door bursts open.

"Ti-" Ridgedog begins, but stops when he sees the dead Mexxy. "Oh" he starts, covering his hand over his mouth as if in shock, but I could see the corners of his cheeks turn up-he was grinning. But I didn't blame him. Mexxy had ruined his entire life, and now he had payed the price. A part of me that was guilty disappeared-he did kind of deserve it, he said so himself.

The rest of my family, the Yogscast and Team Crafted comes pouring into the small office, filling it till I could barely breath. Deamon steps forward, and I flinch. 

"I need to say something, whilst you are all listening" he begins.

"Yes, I shot them. Robin, Ryan, Tia...all of them. But it was for a cause. I knew Mexxy was going to die, by Tia's hands, or the illness that resignated inside of him." he stops as Ridgedog looks down at Mexxy in surprise, shocked murmurs in the crowd muttering in the silence before Deamon carries on. 

"Mexxy trusted me. I came down to the mortal land, with the job of killing them all" he sighs, looking across at my family, then down at me. Ridge glares at him heavily.

"But...But I fell in love" he whispers, looking at Robin with a smile, who stares at him in confusion.

"I fell in love with not only Robin, but the idea of being a part of this family. I turned down Mexxy's request. He was angry at first, but...soon he began to realize how compact this family was, and how it was going to grow. He decided to test if Tia and Ridge would still love each other when all of their past was out of the way. When they did, Mexxy knew. He realized why I couldn't kill them."

"When he told me he was going to die, I asked if there was anyway to stop it. He said there wasn't. When I asked if there was another way, he told me yes. He wanted to die by his children's hands, and picked Tia to do it. She had gone through the most. He wanted to teach this family a lesson, however, before he went out of this world. He wanted me to kill Tia's family, and let Ridgedog kill me..." Deamon sighs, and Ridgedog stared at him in surprise.