Chapter 18: Budder castle

Note: It's getting close to the reunited chapter...or is it this one? Get reading and find out...Also, this and You're Different are incredibly close to 1000 reads each, and Apprentice is nearing 2000 by the time this goes out, so THANK YOU ALL! :D

Liam's POV

"Where to now?" I ask, after we've all had a happy reunion. "First things first, we need to camp out and talk. We haven't rested for a while" Deamon says firmly, before flying away from the crater to begin to build it. "You morta-I mean, you guys can go dig up the ores if you want" Anastatia says, waving a hand at the giant crater and chuckles when she hears the yells of excitement as they all run down there like a child seeing a giant bouncy castle.

"Deamon, what happened whilst you were up there?" Tia asks quietly. She stil has her grip firmly on Ryan as if she were scared he would disappear again as soon as she let go of him. "We had to stay in a cell with everyone. Then we escaped." he shrugged. "And Ridge? Why is he still there?" she demands, eyes boring into Deamon's head. "Like we've told you, he stayed to fight Mexxy and Cisco off to allow us to escape." he explains, finishing off the giant tent.

"I don't want to rest, I want to keep going" Tia snaps as Deamon offers her his hand to help her up. Deamon sighs. "We are all tired since we've been tortured and held in a cell for ages, we need to rest" he says sternly. "You didn't get tortured!" Mitch snaps from beside me, still clinging onto my arm. "Yeah, but I'm still tired" Deamon says warily. "I was the one who got tortured, along with Deadlox and Ridge, and Ridge is still up there! He risked his life to save me-twice!" Mitch's voice was rising in volume and everyone was turning to look at him. Tia nods in agreement, glaring at Deamon.

"Feel free to leave then" Deamon says simply. Tia frowns and looks at Deamon in shock. "Seriously? You're not going to help us?" she asks. "I'm tired, I've been robbed of my powers twice and I've been cut by red matter, now I need to go rest. If you want to carry on, be my guest, but don't expect me to come with you."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I snap. Deamon looks up, glaring at me. "You're best friend is still up there probably being tortured-" I cut off, looking at Tia with an apologetic glance, "-and you want to go to sleep?" I ask. By now, the gang has come together again and are sitting in a circle around us watching us quietly as we argue.

"Deamon is right" Anastatia says quietly. Tia looks over to glare at Ridgedog's sister. "Though I too want to badly rescue my brother after he risked his life to free me, we need to rest" Mitch steps forward towards her, his stance alert. I knew what this meant. He was getting angry.

Very angry.

"You listen here, demigod" Mitch seethes, "You lot are all demigods and you are all oh-so-tired, and I'm mortal! I had more torture than any of you had! And I'm all set and ready to go! So I don't know what the HELL you lot are complaining about because you have NO excuse to NOT rescue him!" he yells right into her face. 

She barely flinches. "Say what you will, mortal, I do not argue with your kind" she says calmly, before going into the tent. "Well, screw you lot then, I'm off to rescue the father of my children who risked his life for you. I can't wait to see his face when we tell him you decided to stay here and sleep rather than rescue him" Tia says. Her voice is quiet, but it's flat and deadly as she stands. "Anyone who wishes to stay here and rest may do so. Anyone who wants to come with me, rescue Ridgedog and get this stupid quest over and done with can follow me."

Mitch steps forward towards Tia, tugging me with him even though I was going to go with her anyway. My sister needed me, and I needed her-she was the best protection I could ask for, apart from Mitch. 

Sky and Deadlox both nod in agreement, standing next to Tia. Lewis and Simon also go next to her, and she smiles at them. Duncan hesitates, before joining the duo. Sips and Sjin just shake their heads, going into the tent, and so do Ryan, Tato and Ash.