Part One: The Taste of Death

I returned to my home feeling battered.

What was the weird stirring that was arising in my stomach? It sort of tickled. I didn't know if it was ever going to go away or if it would just stay. It ended all too soon as a metallic taste filled my mouth. I began to cough endlessly, helplessly, feeling my self transform back into Chat Noir. My counter self. The self that I hated. Suddenly, I heard a short gasp.

"Are you okay?" A sweet, sweet voice sounded. It was oddly familiar.

I turned around in utter agony to see Marinette standing in the entrance of my cavern. Realization hit me like a ball at a child's baseball practice. "Don't come in!" I yelled.

She persisted. She stepped closer to me. My transformation was done. I had turned back into the one and only Chat Noir. The destroyer of all life. All newly sprouted grass, within a ten yard radius of me, shriveled up and died.

Death. Such a terrible thing. People always say that death is something natural, that we should not fear it. Well, I do fear it. I hate that so many people must endure the pain. I hate that I have to watch people die. The worst part, though, is the fact that I am the cause of everyone's death, yet I will not die.

Adrenaline ran through my veins. The death was feeding me. It felt good. Yet at the same time it felt terrible. I looked at Marinette. I expected her to run away and scream. I hoped that she would run away and scream. I did not want her to die. I wanted her to live a long and fulfilling life, even if I was never part of it. I wanted her to stay safe.

"Get out, Marinette." I commanded.

She came closer.

"Marinette."

She came closer.

"You'll die!"

She came closer.

"I don't want you to die!"

She was a few feet away from being in my bubble of death.

"Stop it!"

One foot.

"Please!"

Two feet.

"It's going to hurt me!"

Three feet.

I closed my eyes.

I expected to hear screams, hell, I expected so many things. But instead of screams, I felt a gentle hand take its place on my chin. It slid up to my cheek. I opened my eyes, seeing that I was face to face with Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I was in awe.

She was the girl that survived. She was the girl that brought me to life.

A/N- Sorry that this part is kind of short, but I felt like I needed to end it there. Hope you all enjoyed it!

Signing off
-Ally